Jagex Announces Block N Load
Jagex Games Studio today announced a new online multiplayer first-person shooter, in which brains are as important as bullets. Block N Load combines first-person action with strategic construction that sees teams competing to build defensive and offensive emplacements, before tunneling, leaping and charging into the enemy’s base.
Block N Load features destructible arenas that get explosive makeovers as teams meld tactical action with strategic creativity. To aid them in their objectives, combatants can initially select from six heroes who each offer unique combative and tactical advantages such as Cogwheel, an unhinged weapons obsessed robot; O.P. Juan Shinobi, a deadly Ninja that players won’t see coming; or Doctor Eliza Doolally, who shuns ethics in favor of applied chemistry. In addition to active and passive abilities, each player will also have access to an array of weapons and blocks such as mines, force fields, bounce pads, glue tiles, turrets and giant bombs.
All these elements, and more, combine to create an explosive experience that demolishes preconceptions of first-person shooters.
Block N Load is currently in development for PC and is scheduled to launch on Steam in 2015. Registration to enter this December’s beta test is now open at the official website: www.blocknload.com.
- NO GAME THE SAME: An ever-evolving game world throughout every match, as players shoot and build towards enemy positions and victory
- CHARACTER VARIETY: Maverick heroes offer a robust mix of roles for full combat, defensive and supportive team strategies
- FAST-PACED YET STRATEGIC: Every game has a blend of intelligent and creative tactics fused with strategic shooter action
- BE A MASTER OF CONSTRUCTION: Creative use of the build phase in game can result in deadly and devious constructions able to tear down any enemy plan
“We’ve been building Block N Load for a while now, and we’re immensely excited by how the game is shaping up. Block N Load represents a true departure from the type of games that Jagex is known for; it’s not browser-based, it’s not free-to-play, and it’s not an MMO,” said David Solari, VP of Block N Load at Jagex. “We’re thrilled to finally announce it to the world, and hope that people enjoy taking part in the upcoming beta. The team is eager to receive feedback and is looking forward to working closely with players to ensure Block N Load is the best game it can possibly be.”
Learn more with our hands on alpha preview!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sniper Elite V3: Save Churchill DLC Part 2 Now Available
- Independent UK developer Rebellion today announced Save Churchill Part 2: Belly of the Beast, a brand new singleplayer and co-op mission for S...
- ChronoBlade Launches Worldwide on iOS/Android
- Today, the latest action game from nWay (developers of Power Rangers: Legacy Wars), ChronoBlade has officially launched.
- Dungeon Punks Reveals Combo System
- With Dungeon Punks just two weeks from release on console, Hyperawesome has revealed more details on the game's combo system.