IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Arrives on PC Friday November 7th
As all you flight simmers out there will know, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad is the continuation of the legendary IL-2 Sturmovik series that has set the standard for PC combat flight sim games for more than ten years. This new entry into the series will offer virtual pilots an even more accurate simulation of the most famous air battles of World War II. Better quality of content, bigger scale, new physics, more realistic aerodynamics and new game elements set this title apart from all which came before. IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad has only one goal – to give you a new, higher level of immersion.
- Realistic graphics and unique visual effects: clouds, lightning, tracers, explosions and huge smoke plumes – all of them fully realised to recreate the aerial combat scenery of war time Stalingrad
- Flexible Quick Mission mode that allows you to create your own custom combat scenario in just a couple of minutes
- Classic multiplayer game play with dedicated player controlled servers with your favourite settings for team battles and dogfight duels
- Realistic sounds and physics, detailed aircraft systems modelling, advanced aerodynamics and state-of-the-art flight modelling gives you a real sensation of flight
- Become an ace fighter pilot or try your hand at flying attack planes and bombers where you can destroy tanks, trucks, artillery units and even armoured trains
- Unique and detailed damage model shows how deadly the weapons can be and will challenge even the best pilots
- For those who won’t make it back to base, each plane comes equipped with a handy parachute
- Action takes place on a 358 х 230 km map – The largest and most detailed recreation of the Battle of Stalingrad theatre ever modelled in a flight simulation with unique structures, buildings and landscapes
- Single-Player campaign scenario follows the real chronology of the battle starting with Operation Uranus on November 19th, 1942 and continues to the complete liberation of the city on February 2nd, 1943
- Ten legendary aircraft of the era have been thoroughly re-created using original drawings and blueprints from the central archive of the Russian Ministry of Defence
- Precise simulation of the flight model allows everyone to learn the special character and limits of each and every plane in the game. Use each of their special abilities and performance characteristics to complete your mission and survive the brutal fight,
Unlike the digital version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad available on Steam for the same price, this box version includes:
- Awards and medals poster
- Double sided action poster
- Map and aircraft recognition guide
- Keyboard, mouse and joysticks guidesTo check out the game’s trailer and pre-order, click here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Small Video Game Startup Takes On Gaming Giants at E3
- The unlikely duo of a freelance web developer and a DJ defied convention by creating an online virtual world of their own: one programmer, one...
- Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Launches on Xbox One Sept. 8
- Neverwinter: Elemental Evil will bring an increase to the level cap, the Oathbound Paladin playable class and new adventure zones
- Camelot Unchained Week 2 Archetype Reveal - Archers
- In their typical ‘bat shit crazy’ style, the archers will represent classes capable of range that may shatter your vision of typical range...