Golden Joystick goes to League of Legends
The Golden Joystick Awards have been revealed, and the winner – beating out World of Tanks and RuneScape – was League of Legends.
To celebrate with their fans, Riot Games is giving all of its 15 million players 10-win IP boosts, to be handed out over the next few days.
League of Legends will also be celebrating its second anniversary on October 27, with a special celebration. While the details haven’t been announced yet, they do promise a “special guest.”
League of Legends Gameplay Screenshot
We’re happy to announce that with your help, League of Legends has secured the Golden Joystick Award for Best Free-to-Play game! Thanks to your support, we beat out some great competition in the online space to secure our second Golden Joystick in a row!
We said before that we’d celebrate with you, and we’re here to make good on that promise. Over the next few days, we’ll be issuing 10-win IP Boosts to each of you. (Please note: it takes time to distribute anything to 15 million people, so you may not receive your Boost immediately.)
This award belongs to all of us, summoners!
Articles You May Enjoy
- King of Fighters XIV Launch Review
- The King of Fighters franchise has an overwhelming legacy to live up to in my eyes.
- The Banner Saga Takes Geekie Award® in Indie Game Category
- Austin-based independent developer, Stoic, took home another award on Sunday night with its smash hit PC video game The Banner Saga winning th...
- Roumen Style Dance-Off Sweeps Fiesta Online
- Two weeks ago, Fiesta Online released its newest dance - Roumen Style - in homage to Psy's Gangnam Style.