Gaijin Entertainment & Kubinka Tank Museum announce T-44 Restoration
Award-winning developer and publisher Gaijin Entertainment and the Central Museum of Armored Vehicles in Kubinka, have announced a dual partnership to fully restore a World War 2 era Soviet T-44 tank.
The project will see the museums depot stock T-44 tank usually used for spare parts fully restored to full working order, complete with full interior and exterior overhaul to bring it back to its original WW2 battle ready appearance. The restoration will involve hundreds of person-hours in order to transform the tank from its current badly damaged state into a show stopping fully restored museum display and exhibition piece.
The T-44 was a medium tank introduced by the Soviet Union towards the end of World War 2 and was the successor to the T-34 tank. The T-44 held several improvements over the mass-produced T-34 tank, including stronger armor and an increased ammunition capacity whilst retaining the same maneuverability characteristics of its T-34 counterpart.
The T-44 was the Soviet Union’s first step in developing an advanced post war tank and was succeeded by the T-54 and T-55 variants which saw enhancements to main gun firepower, tank speed and armor protection.
“This is a rare opportunity to bring a piece of military history back to life for our players and tank enthusiasts,” said Creative Director Krill Yudintsev. “The T-44 was one of the first tanks in War Thunder and we are excited to restore one of the last surviving examples of this with the help of the Kubinka museum. This is a rare opportunity to bring a piece of military history back to life for our players and tank enthusiasts”.
Upon finalization of the lengthy restoration, the T-44 will take pride of place in the Kubinka tank museum and will play a central part in historic reconstruction festivals and other museum events and exhibitions.
Articles You May Enjoy
- A Fiery Mount Joins League of Angels 2 From the Depths of Hell
- From the magma of the Great Volcano, in the fiery depths of Hell, Magmadon awakens for League of Angels II.
- 12Sky2 Classic Returns With Closed Beta in March
- The classic MMORPG TwelveSky 2 (12Sky2) has returned under a new publisher, Red Fox Games.
- Dynamight Studios Announces New Sandbox MMO: Fractured
- Dynamight Studios, a new Italian game development startup, has revealed today its new sandbox MMORPG named Fractured.