Free to Play Lord of the Rings Online Launches
The free to play version of The Lord of the Rings Online launched today, September 10, 2010. After 3+ years as a pay to play MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online is the second game from Turbine to drop its subscription fee – the first being Dungeons and Dragons Online. Rumors of the game going free to play have surfaced since October 2009, but Turbine officially announced that The Lord of the Rings Online would go free to play back in June, 2010.
The Lord of the Rings Online Gameplay Screenshot
For those that haven’t heard of The Lord of the Rings Online, it’s a 3D fantasy MMORPG based on the Lord of the Rings franchise by J.R.R Tolkien. The game has 9 available classes and four races. Make sure to read the Lord of the Rings Online review here on MMOHuts.com!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Kartuga Reveals New User Interface Details
- New details emerge about Kartuga's user interface and item system.
- Lagoonia prepares tropical Easter egg hunt
- InnoGame's new browser game, Lagoonia, is prepared to celebrate Easter.
- Protobird Games Announces Kid-Friendly TCG The Dreamland Chronicles
- Protobird Games adapts The Dreamland Chronicles into a child-friendly trading card game, now in crowdfunding.