Free to Play Lord of the Rings Online Launches
The free to play version of The Lord of the Rings Online launched today, September 10, 2010. After 3+ years as a pay to play MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online is the second game from Turbine to drop its subscription fee – the first being Dungeons and Dragons Online. Rumors of the game going free to play have surfaced since October 2009, but Turbine officially announced that The Lord of the Rings Online would go free to play back in June, 2010.
The Lord of the Rings Online Gameplay Screenshot
For those that haven’t heard of The Lord of the Rings Online, it’s a 3D fantasy MMORPG based on the Lord of the Rings franchise by J.R.R Tolkien. The game has 9 available classes and four races. Make sure to read the Lord of the Rings Online review here on MMOHuts.com!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rejuvenating the Wilderness in Old School RuneScape with Latest Update
- RuneScape introduces new bosses and more to the Old School Wilderness.
- A New Era comes to Rage War
- Entitled "Steam Age", a new era comes in the huge update of Rage War.
- Eternal CCG Review
- One of the biggest things I hear about CCGs (online or otherwise) is that Card Games are “Pay to Win”.