Free to Play Lord of the Rings Online Launches
The free to play version of The Lord of the Rings Online launched today, September 10, 2010. After 3+ years as a pay to play MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online is the second game from Turbine to drop its subscription fee – the first being Dungeons and Dragons Online. Rumors of the game going free to play have surfaced since October 2009, but Turbine officially announced that The Lord of the Rings Online would go free to play back in June, 2010.
The Lord of the Rings Online Gameplay Screenshot
For those that haven’t heard of The Lord of the Rings Online, it’s a 3D fantasy MMORPG based on the Lord of the Rings franchise by J.R.R Tolkien. The game has 9 available classes and four races. Make sure to read the Lord of the Rings Online review here on MMOHuts.com!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Blade Wars and Beach Volleyball Online Going Open Beta June 24
- Blade Wars and Beach Volleyball Online go open beta on June 24, 2010. Keep an eye out for both of these new MMOs.
- Gloria Victis Adds PvP Arena and Attacks Power Bar
- Gloria Victis has implemented a new PvP Arena and attacks power bar in its most recent updates.
- Space Explorers Rejoice: Edge of Space Multiplayer Launches This Week
- Handyman Studios announces the release of multiplayer for the open-world terraforming game, Edge of Space.