Free Realms updates with “Super Spooktacular”
As one of many Halloween events going on right now, SOE has updated Free Realms with the “Super Spooktacular” update.
The update naturally includes new Halloween items in the shop, along with a few new Halloween quests and events. Also introduced is an item rental system for the Marketplace (try before you buy), new purchasable TCG scenarios, and a brand new Trophy system complete with a host of achievements for players to earn.
The Original Press Release:
Sony Online Entertainment’s Online Gaming Catalog Offers Players Virtual Trick-or-Treating, Holiday Themed Quests, Spooky Decorations, and Ghoulish Minigames
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – October 15, 2009 – From ghosts, goblins and creepy cobwebs to candy corn costumes, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) gears up for its biggest virtual Halloween event of the season. Today, the hit online game Free Realms™ introduces its latest game update, Super Spooktacular, featuring decorations, daily trick-or-treating, mummifying minigames, 14 new quests, 2 new trading card game Quest Packs and more than 35 new costumes for players and their pets.
“We are celebrating the first Halloween in Free Realms, with weeks of spooky activities and festive live events,” said Andy Sites, senior producer at Sony Online Entertainment. “After a night of trick-or-treating the fun doesn’t have to end. Dressed as a chicken, mummy, witch or any of the other crazy costumes available, kids can explore virtual neighborhoods with millions of friends from the safety of their own home.”
Super Spooktacular is scheduled to run from October 14th through November 11th. For detailed information on Super Spooktacular, please visit www.FreeRealms.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU Legend Receives New Spellbinder Class in March
- The support-style mage, Spellbinder will be MU Legend's 5th class and is coming later in March 2018.
- Gloria Victis Finds Success on Greenlight in First Weekend
- Black Eye Games has pushed their indie sandbox fighter, Gloria Victis, onto the Steam Store's Greenlight and landed in the top 100 in the...
- Guilty Gear XRD - Revelator- PC Port Review
- Guilty Gear XRD is not a Street Fighter style game; it’s an anime fighter. Those are so very different.