Final Fantasy XIV’s ‘Heavensward’ Expansion Available Free For a Limited Time
Square Enix announced that starting today (May 2nd) until June 27th, owners of the Final Fantasy XIV Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) are able to add the Heavensward expansion to their account to keep for free. This is a great way to continue forward in the story before the upcoming third expansion, Shadowbringers. Originally released in 2015, Heavensward picks up immediately following the events of A Realm Reborn. It tells the story of the Warrior of Light as he journeys to Ishgard, a city-state mired in the Dragonsong War, a thousand-year conflict with the dragons of the Dravanian Horde.
New areas, flying mounts, and three new jobs came in this expansion: Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist. A new race also came in the form of the Au Ra, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. In addition, those who take advantage of the offer will gain access to all the additional content that was introduced during the Heavensward patch series, including an array of dungeons, trials, raids, quests and more. There is also the ongoing “Free Login Campaign”, which lets lapsed players play for free up to seven days, until the campaign ends on June 17th.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Pax Prime 2013 Day 1 Recap Pt 1 - Elder Scrolls Online, Forced, Strife, and Cosplay!
- DizzyPW recaps the first day of PAX Prime 2013.
- EVE Online’s Aegis Release Brings a Bold New Sovereignty
- Evolution has come to EVE warfare and the ramifications will affect every single one of EVE’s hundreds of thousands of players.
- Black Desert Online Gets Dedicated PvP Server
- Has this happened to you in BDO? You murder a bunch of players, and suddenly you can't go into towns because of Karma Penalties?