AbleGamers Brings Multi-Game Esports Competition to Pittsburgh
The AbleGamers Charity — the leading organization dedicated to improving the lives of those with disabilities through the power of video games — today officially announced their partnership with Point Park University, the Pittsburgh Penguins, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Pittsburgh Knights by bringing to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania the city’s first-ever esports tournament — the Steel City Showdown. Rulesets for each competition can be found here.
The Steel City Showdown will take place May 11 – 12, 2019, at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, and feature competitions in Super Smash Bros., NBA 2K19, and NHL19, with $1,500 in cash prizes per title. A portion of the ticket sales will be donated to the AbleGamers Charity. Competitor fees are $10 for Super Smash Bros. and $20 each for NBA 2K19 and NHL19. Spectator tickets are $5 for the weekend. The box office will open at 11 AM ET, while doors to the venue will open at 12 PM ET. Tickets can be purchased on-site or online below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legend of Edda Global Releases 3rd Expansion
- JC Planet has announced that it has released Big Expansion of the third Legend of Edda: Global Edition. This 3rd expansion brings vast new exc...
- Hanakai Studio Launches Kickstarter Campaign For Prodigy
- Hanakai Studio announces the start of their Kickstarter campaign for the ambitious tactical RPG, Prodigy.
- Loadout is locked & loaded for January 31st
- Edge of Reality, developers of the upcoming Free-to-Play shooter Loadout, today announced that the game will officially be available on Friday...