ESL One: 2,500 spectators attend ESL’s massive Dota 2 tournament each day
Millions tuned in from across the world to watch ESL One Frankfurt 2014, as the global leader in global eSports competitions, ESL, once again pushed the boundaries of what’s possible. Commerzbank-Arena (Frankfurt, Germany) was the scene of epic battles between eight of the world’s best Dota 2 teams, resulting in matches watched by over 12,500 visitors in the stadium each day and over 500,000 concurrent online viewers across the event weekend. Invictus Gaming become champions of ESL One’s massive Dota 2 tournament.
Going down in eSports history as the biggest competition in Germany and one of the largest eSports events worldwide, the first edition of ESL One was a huge success. The stadium held more than 12,500 live spectators each day with millions more watching the two day tournament online.
“The fans, the stadium, and the entire atmosphere were overwhelming. It’s an amazing experience to play in such a massive stadium in front of all these people and you could feel the energy from the crowd all throughout the tournament,” commented professional gamer, Hock “ChauN” Wong, from Invictus Gaming.
“ESL One Frankfurt 2014 was a major success for ESL and for eSports in general. Whether you were inside the stadium or watching online, I believe everyone felt the special atmosphere which made this an unforgettable experience for all gaming fans”, said Managing Director of Pro Gaming, Ulrich Schulze.
For more info, visit www.esl-one.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rise of Incarnates Showcases New Character, Map and Special Event
- Zeus will join the roster of Rise of Incarnates characters and a brand new map set in Washington D.C will be available soon.
- Grimoire: Manastorm gets Steam Free Weekend and Major Content Update
- Grimoire: Manastorm has just had a major update which includes new character models, maps, and sound effects.
- Brawl Busters busts out Valentine's Update
- Rock Hippo Productions has released its Valentine's update for Brawl Busters players.