EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Black Desert Online Adds Absolute Skills for All Classes
- Today, Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games announced the long-awaited "Absolute Skills" system will be added to Black Desert Online next wee...
- Where Are They Now: WoW-Killers
- The major problem is that too many MMOs came out with the notion that they were going to overthrow World of Warcraft.
- Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat Module Revealed
- Continuing the ongoing war between players and the Cult of the Dragon, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaim...