EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- EverQuest now free-to-play
- Celebrating its 13th anniversary today, EverQuest has gone free-to-play.
- Dungeons and Dragons Festivult in July Events
- Dungeons and Dragons Online winter holiday events are launching soon! Winter events in July?! It's no bug. The events should last until t...
- CJ Games Global Announces Hounds and Monarch
- CJ Games Global has announced the development of two new free-to-play titles: Hounds, which is a role-playing shooter, and Monarch, a strategy...