EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Digimon Masters announces new Digimon and events
- Joymax has announced the launch of their next content patch for Digimon Masters, which brings in Guilmon's ultimate form, amongst other f...
- New Dungeon RPG for SMITE Revealed
- Today, Hi-Rez Studios launches a brand new SMITE Adventure: The Trials of King Hercules.
- Gunship Battle Kick-Starts Summer with World War Update
- Gunship Battle: Total Warfare released a new update from Joycity, the World War update. This update brings a massive-scale war.