EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Era of Celestials Reveals All-New Team Battle 'Chaos Incubus'
- Era of Celestials is putting the players' input first again, with this new cross-server/team battle event, Chaos Incubus.
- Craft of Gods Goes Free to Play!
- Craft of Gods, the 3D fantasy MMORPG, officially goes free to play. The game now has a free to play server and a subscription based one with f...
- MapleStory Releases Monster Life Mini-Game
- Nexon America’s MMORPG MapleStory has just added a brand-new mini-game, Monster Life, offering alternate gameplay to players.