EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rainbow Saga Closed Beta Test Launches Today
- The latest addition to the popular Game321.com portal, Rainbow Saga is an arcade-style 2D fantasy browser-based game packed with anime-style c...
- Dauntless Gets First Major Update with 'Forge Your Legend'
- Phoenix Labs has announced that their co-op action RPG, Dauntless has received its first major Closed Beta update!
- Aeria Games Announces Born To Fire
- Aeria Games has announced a new upcoming MMOFPS to their lineup: Born to Fire.