EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- 12 is Better Than 6 Launches Kickstarter
- Ink Stains Games have launched their Kickstarter campaign for the hotly anticipated top-down shooter, 12 is Better Than 6.
- Phageborn Public Beta Begins
- Games Revolted has announced the open beta of their strategy card game Phageborn.
- Dicetiny: New board game/dungeon crawler coming soon for PC
- Fakedice, an independent developer based in Korea announced today their development of DICETINY, a PC board game mashed with dungeon crawler a...