Dwell: Sandbox MMO announces release in 2015
Punkdrift, LLC, an indie games studio located in the Phoenix metro area, and incubated by the Game CoLab, today announced that its game, Dwell: The Drifting World, has been greenlit by the Steam™ community, meaning the game will be published on the platform in the coming months. Dwell mixes the simplicity of popular open world building games such as Minecraft and Terraria and adds Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) elements to deliver a new twist on the wildly popular creative sandbox game genre. Punkdrift is looking to open Early Access to the game in spring 2015. To follow Dwell’s progress on Steam, please visit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331371486
“Being greenlit means that we’ll now be able to leverage the tremendous reach of the Steam platform,” said Brady Welch, CEO and lead programmer of Punkdrift. “Using Steam to build our community has been a goal of ours and soon we’ll be able to see large number of players interacting in a completely persistent, modifiable world for the first time. Player interaction, especially on a grand scale, is what will really separate Dwell from other titles since it’s something that’s never been done before in this genre of open world sandbox games.”
Dwell features a completely modifiable open world where you can build your own houses, villages, and shops. Mechanically geared towards core PC players, yet aesthetically appealing for gamers of all types, Dwell will bridge the gap between sandbox players and veterans of the MMORPG community.
In Dwell, other players are the biggest challenge to overcome. With village sieges that can last weeks and a three life system that results in permadeath, attempting to foster healthy relationships and politics with others is a must. With Steam’s community entering the equation, lots of new challenges will arise and the results will likely be unexpected.
Dwell: The Drifting World Features:
- 100% modifiable, open world
- Player-built houses and villages
- Customizable characters
- Pets and livestock
- Dungeons and bosses
- Stats and skills to master and specialize in (farming, crafting, mining, etc.)
- PC, Mac, and Linux compatible
More information can be found at www.PlayDwell.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Carbine Studios Counts Down WildStar Free to Play Launch
- In their usual going big method, they've chosen to rent out Times Square in New York City for the final moments of the countdown.
- Heroes of Newerth Launches Core Pool
- S2 Games has announced the launch of Core Pool for Heroes of Newerth, which introduces a whole new approach to the player experience.
- Terraria 2014 Refresher Review
- Zelus takes a look at Terraria and see how far it has come after its numerous updates.