Dungeons and Dragons Online Update 5 Goes Live
The official Dungeons and Dragons Online servers went down briefly in anticipation for the release of Update 5, a massive new patch that brings many new features to the free to play MMORPG. Well the servers are back up now and the patch notes are eve more extensive than I imagined. It’s difficult too long to paste here, but fans can take a look for themselves by using the link below:
DDO was originally released as a subscription based game, but Turbine took it free to play in 2009. The results were so spectacular that they have now decided to convert their other major MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online into a f2p title. It is expected to make the transition later this year.
Hopefully more publisher will follow Turbine’s lead and ditch the mandatory subscription model!
Airships – Now in DDO!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Merge Dragons Begins Their Easter Event
- Gram Games Studio announced today that their puzzle adventure title, Merge Dragons! will begin their limited Easter Event tomorrow.
- Might & Magic Heroes: Now Available
- Today, Ubisoft announced that Might & Magic® Heroes® Online has officially launched in English speaking territories. English speaking pl...
- Mad World MMO Will Host Alpha in May 2019
- Jandisoft announced today that their Alpha Test for the MMORPG Mad World MMO will begin on May 22nd.