Dungeons and Dragons Online Update 5 Goes Live
The official Dungeons and Dragons Online servers went down briefly in anticipation for the release of Update 5, a massive new patch that brings many new features to the free to play MMORPG. Well the servers are back up now and the patch notes are eve more extensive than I imagined. It’s difficult too long to paste here, but fans can take a look for themselves by using the link below:
DDO was originally released as a subscription based game, but Turbine took it free to play in 2009. The results were so spectacular that they have now decided to convert their other major MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online into a f2p title. It is expected to make the transition later this year.
Hopefully more publisher will follow Turbine’s lead and ditch the mandatory subscription model!
Airships – Now in DDO!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skylancer officially launches
- Alaplaya has officially launched Skylancer, a free-to-play browser strategy game.
- New sandbox game "TUG" gets alpha release on Kickstarter
- Nerd Kingdom revealed that their newest survival game "TUG" will be launching soon in alpha form.
- Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Edition Announced
- As Divinity: Original Sin nears its June 20th release date, the team at Larian Studios unveils a limited-supply Collector's Edition, feat...