Dramagame Velvet Sundown Celebrates Successful Closed Beta Start
The innovative Dramagame engine based game Velvet Sundown, from the Finnish development team at Tribe Studios Ltd., has successfully started its closed beta test. Several thousand players have registered to experience the newly invented Dramagame genre, a unique mix of social experiments and serious role-playing game elements. Over 20,000 beta keys have been distributed to gamers around the world so far. Due to the high demand, the Tribe Studios team has decided to allocate another 10,000 beta keys for gamers to enjoy. Registration and direct access via beta keys can be found at www.velvetsundown.com. The official launch is expected in the second quarter of 2014.
In Velvet Sundown, players are assigned one of 11 different characters onboard a luxury yacht. Every character has a unique personality and an exciting backstory. Players must complete a variety of tasks with their characters. The tasks can only be completed by communicating with other players via the integrated chat function. Negotiating skill and the power of persuasion make all the difference.
In the closed beta, players also have the opportunity to play alongside the developers of Velvet Sundown in a variety of events in order to be able to provide direct feedback on the game. The times of the upcoming events will be announced in advance on the website and in the forum.
OnRPG and MMOHuts are among the outlets where new keys are available, so drop by our giveaway and pick up a key!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hirez Roundup #24: The Times are a-Changin
- Can we all just take a moment and praise the powers-that-be for a Ganesha announcer pack? That should be fantastic.
- Infographic: The Battle for Europe has Begun in Stronghold Kingdoms
- Firefly Studios has released a new infographic containing gameplay stats on the first few days of play in ‘Europe’, the recently released ...
- Total War Rome II + CoH 2 Hosts Anti-Valentine's Day Event
- SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd present the rematch of the heavyweight strategy gaming contest they said could never happen, wi...