Das Tal Gets Increased Funding
Game investment fund FFF Bayern just announced (in German) that they are increasing their investment in German independent MMORPG Das Tal by €100,000 to a total of €180,000. Together with a recently doubled angel investment and other funds raised by the development studio Fairytale Distillery the full production budget has now surpassed €300,000.
Alexander Zacherl, Managing Director of Fairytale Distillery says: “Thanks so much to the FFF Bayern, the country of Bavaria and our business angel, Christian. Without you we would have never made it as far as we’re now with the production of Das Tal. Now it’s time to give everything we have to get the game ready for a release on Windows, Mac and Linux. We’ve got a ton of work to do – I should actually get back to that …”
FFF Bayern had already supported the development of Das Tal in 2014 with a prototype budget of €80,000. Just as now, the rest of the game’s budget got supplied by a business angel (game producer Christian Dickert) and the founders of Fairytale Distillery.
Zacherl continues: “We’re currently focussed on two massive projects: Increasing long-term motivation for game veterans though the addition of a host of new events, city buildings options and a brand new achievement system. And for new players we’re working on a long overdue tutorial, a mentoring system and many new options that allow for a fast connection with the rest of the Das Tal community.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Introduces the Celestial Ball
- February brings new choices, challenges, and couture to Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery with the February Sidequest - the Celestial Ball.
- Ashes of Creation Discusses Castle Sieges in the MMORPG
- The Ashes of Creation development team recently published a blog post concerning the nature of castle sieging.
- Tree of Savior: Armbands Visuals Available In-Game
- Apparently visual accessories in Tree of Savior are not limited to headgears and costumes only. Recent finding shows that Armband will also af...