Blizzard Cancels Project Titan
It’s been on the rumor mill for years – Blizzard’s ultra-secret project Titan, a massively multiplayer game that was going to launch a new IP to break away from Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft. We’ve had our ears open for any whisper of information that would reveal more about the mystery game in Blizzard’s back pocket.
So it was a bit of a surprise to discover, today, that Blizzard’s officially cancelled Titan.
Polygon reported that Mike Morhaime, Blizzard’s CEO, confirmed in an interview that their ambition was strong, but they were unable to find the “fun” and “passion” in the game. After a re-evaluation period, the company made the difficult decision to cancel the project, which had never been officially announced.
Instead, the studio will refocus its efforts on its current brands and products, and be a little braver in taking risks on the games they feel strongly about instead of just trying to produce “blockbuster” titles. So don’t fret – from what we hear, Blizzard isn’t struggling; it’s simply working harder on the games players know, love, and want.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Luvinia reveals Savejela
- Luvinia has begun Zendo Hunting Season, with the arrival of the new area of Savejela.
- Wargaming, SEGA and Creative Assembly Announce Partnership
- Wargaming, SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today a new strategic partnership that will see Total War: ARENA published worldwide.
- League of Legends Reveals Sion Rework
- League of Legends has revealed its Sion rework today, giving players a glimpse into the upcoming changes for this juggernaut.