Atlas Reactor Announces Free Mode and Progression Changes
Today, the Atlas Reactor team has made two big announcements regarding the game’s free to play mode, and changes to player progression.
Free Mode is meant to make Atlas Reactor accessible to a large audience while being generous to supporters of the game, while keeping things fair for everyone.
In Free Mode, players can play for free using Freelancers from a weekly free rotation which will be unique per player (rather than the same roster for everyone). Playing games and winning matches will let players earn reward caches, which will include cosmetic items like icons, skins, titles, emotes, taunts, and more. Free Mode players will be limited on how often they can open a cache.
A single purchase will be available for players who want to support the game. This one time cost unlocks all Freelancers permanently (current and future), removes the cache opening limit, enables custom and ranked games, and allows entry in tournaments.
Free Mode will go live on August 9.
Player Progression Changes
Existing players will already recognize some changes to the progression system based on the Free Mode.
First of all, the Store will be removed from the game, and all its current items will be available in rewards caches. The Store section will be replaced with the Collection where players can track progress on their cosmetic collection and Freelancers.
Credits, crafting, inventory, and account levels will be removed. Loot Matrices will be simplified, with one granted per season level. Each will contain three items including premium skins. ISO will now only come from Loot Matrices and converted duplicate items. Experience will be granted for playing matches and completing contracts, freelancer levels will become infinite, and every ten levels will grant players a Freelancer-specific Loot Matrix.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter Previews Stronghold Siege Towers
- Perfect World Entertainment showcases the two defensive towers for its upcoming Neverwinter expansion, Stronghold.
- Forge of Empires reaches 250,000 and launches new language versions
- InnoGames has announced a new milestone and game versions for its browser-based strategy, Forge of Empires.
- Jade Dynasty Valentine's Day Events
- Jade Dynasty 'playathon' Valentine's Day event announced. Play for 21.4 hours starting February 10-14 and get a gift sock!