ARK: Survival Evolved Unlocks Dev Kit Alongside Mammoth Mod Contest
OMG – so much news from Studio Wildcard today: the launch of the ARK Dev Kit directly within the Epic Games Launcher, massive Alienware mod contest, and the release of the badass ‘Survival of the Fittest’ tournament battle mode. To celebrate the news, ARK: Survival Evolved is now available on the Amazon Store, at an introductory, 25% off limited quantity sale!
Studio Wildcard today released the ARK Dev Kit, a streamlined version of the UE4 Editor to simplify the creation and sharing process of mods for ARK: Survival Evolved. It is available to download now for free via the Epic Games Launcher HERE. Creative souls can easily generate their own ARK items, weapons, creatures, maps and game modes to share with fellow survivors online.
Got mad modding skills? The “ARK: Survival Evolved Modding Contest” also kicks off today, sponsored by Alienware and is a massive competition to celebrate the best of the best in the modding community. The contest objective is to use the Unreal Engine 4 ARK Dev Kit to create a new “Mod” that best exemplifies the judging criteria. Players can submit diverse island maps, underground environments, game modes, new structures and items for a chance to win over $25,000 in cash and prizes. The more creative the better! To enter the contest and find details on rules and regulations, go HERE.
● Grand Prize (1st Place): $15,000 USD, Alienware Area-51 Desktop, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card
● 2nd Place: $5,000 USD, Alienware X51 Desktop, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Graphics Card
● 3rd Place: $2,500 USD and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Graphics Card
To showcase the depth of the ARK Dev Kit, the Studio Wildcard team created the competitive ‘Survival of the Fittest’ (SoTF) total conversion mod, which is now available to download via Steam Workshop. Each SotF battle takes place on a modified version of the ARK island, with the objective being to eliminate all other survivors before they eliminate you! The map is surrounded by a dome-shaped force field that shrinks as the match progresses, and leveling, gathering, taming and building happen at a quicker rate. As the contestants enter this arena, not only do they need to look out for the dangers from the creatures and the other survivors, but also randomized ‘Evolution Events.’ These events take place every 30 minutes and have major impact on the gameplay, from freak weather occurrences, to dinosaurs dropping from the sky, extra supply drops, day-to-night shifts, player location reveals, and more. Best of all, the full source content for the ‘Survival of the Fittest’ mode is available within the ARK Dev Kit, so aspiring mod creators can see how this game-changing “Total Conversion” has been put together, and build on it or make their own!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Black Desert Online Steam Lunar Sales and PVP Server Available
- The Steam Lunar Sale kicks off today, and Black Desert Online is featuring a 50% off discount on the main game as well as DLC Packages.
- Super Senso Heads to Europe This Month and Yacht Club, Adult Swim and More Sign On
- Super Senso by GungHo Online Entertainment America is on its way to Europe later this month.
- Mirage: Arcane Warfare Beta Impressions
- This will definitely share some things in common with Chivalry.