MMOHuts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
What is ALS?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease,” is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed.
The ALS Association has committed $90 Million to find effective treatments and a Cure for Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Their research effort has helped increase the number of scientists working on ALS, advanced new discoveries and treatments, and has shed light on the complex genetic and environment factors involved in ALS.
Donate @ alsa.org/donate
JamesBl0nde nominated DizzyPW, BakermanBrad and ColbyCheeze! #StrikeOutALS!
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Maestia relaunches on Alaplaya
- Alaplaya has officially relaunched Maestia, a fantasy MMORPG originally published by BigPoint.
- Gloria Victis Nears Alpha with Huge Update
- A massive set of patch notes have emerged for Black Eye Games' upcoming realistic medieval fighting simulator, Gloria Victis.
- Facebook lend its support to Prime World: Defenders along with NVIDIA
- Nival, an independent game developer renowned for its strategy titles, has today released its cross-platform Tower Defense game Prime World: D...