MMOHuts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
What is ALS?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease,” is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed.
The ALS Association has committed $90 Million to find effective treatments and a Cure for Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Their research effort has helped increase the number of scientists working on ALS, advanced new discoveries and treatments, and has shed light on the complex genetic and environment factors involved in ALS.
Donate @ alsa.org/donate
JamesBl0nde nominated DizzyPW, BakermanBrad and ColbyCheeze! #StrikeOutALS!
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elsword Transformation Review Update
- Taylor Lux looks at Elsword after MMOHut's original review, seeing how the game has evolved in recent years - and gives a new verdict.
- League of Legends Showcases Ekko's Kit, Reveals Major Patch 5.9
- Major news from Riot Games today as patch notes for League of Legends Update 5.9 arrive, along with the champion reveal for Ekko
- Absolute Force Online Prepares Early For Spring Festival
- NetDragon has announced elements for new updates coming to Absolute Force Online, currently in open beta.