Paradox Announces Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man
Today, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio announced the next expansion for their hit grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV.
Thomas Paine wrote that laws get their force from the consent of those who agree to live under them. It is in this spirit of that Paradox Development Studio continues expand and improve Europa Universalis IV, with the upcoming Rights of Man.
This expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling historical strategy game introduces a number of small changes that add up to a deeper and more dynamic experience. Near the top of this list is the Great Power mechanic, where the most developed nations have access to new diplomatic options to bully or entice weaker neighbors. Keep that development going, or lose the powers you paid a high price for.
Rights of Man also adds a little more character to your monarchs, as they acquire traits that will give bonuses (or penalties) to your country, and affect how rival nations approach you. Beware the conqueror next door, but be nice to the generous king across the river – he may have some gold to spare in your time of need.
Other features coming in Rights of Man include:
- New goals for Coptic and Fetishist religions
- Greater control over adopting new cultures in your empire
- Leader Traits giving battle hardened commanders added prowess
- More detailed military instructions for Subject Nations
- Revolutionary Republics now have Factions to balance
- Ottoman Empire gets new Harem Politics events and options
As usual, the release of Rights of Man will be accompanied by a free update for all Europa Universalis IV players – and this one will have the first major overhaul of the technology system since launch.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Planet Of Cubes Now Free to Play on Mobile
- Mobile game developer and publisher Solverlabs is proud to announce that Planet Of Cubes is now available as a free download on mobile.
- Valiance Online Dev Blog Series Teases Power Set System
- Part 1 of their discussion of powers points to a primary/secondary power set system.
- ARK: Survival Evolved At Last Announces PS4 Launch
- Studio Wildcard has finally brought the news that Playstation 4 owners have waited years for.