John Smedley steps down as Daybreak’s CEO
According to a news report from VentureBeat, John Smedley, long time CEO of Daybreak (going back into its early days as Sony Online Entertainment), has stepped down and is being replaced by former COO Russell Shanks.
Since Daybreak went independent from Sony, it has been in the news frequently, dealing with layoffs, DDOS attacks, and community reassurances that EQNext, H1Z1, and other titles are still being worked on lovingly by the staff. At this time, it’s unclear what this change in staffing will do to affect Daybreak’s games and services.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Omnimon Arrives in Digimon Masters
- Joymax has announced another update this week - new content for Digimon Masters Online.
- Innogames Announces Elvenar: a Fantasy Strategy City-Building MMO
- InnoGames offers players the chance to explore an exotic fantasy world with their new city-builder game: Elvenar - The latest, strategy-MMO ti...
- DOOM Announces Details for Multiplayer Closed Alpha
- Today, Bethesda and id Software revealed details for the multiplayer Closed Alpha test for DOOM.