John Smedley steps down as Daybreak’s CEO
According to a news report from VentureBeat, John Smedley, long time CEO of Daybreak (going back into its early days as Sony Online Entertainment), has stepped down and is being replaced by former COO Russell Shanks.
Since Daybreak went independent from Sony, it has been in the news frequently, dealing with layoffs, DDOS attacks, and community reassurances that EQNext, H1Z1, and other titles are still being worked on lovingly by the staff. At this time, it’s unclear what this change in staffing will do to affect Daybreak’s games and services.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shadowbound Open Alpha Test Launches on July 8th
- Global game publisher Reality Squared Games (R2Games) announced today that Shadowbound, its newest browser title, will debut with an exclusive...
- Games of Glory Secures Funding, Cancels Kickstarter
- Lightbulb Crew, an independent game studio currently developing its first title, has gotten commitments of additional financing in order to fu...
- Siegelord Version 2.0 Includes New Features
- After its launch in Dec. 2014, Siegelord quickly became popular among SLG game players and even got nominated for the "2015 most anticipa...