John Smedley steps down as Daybreak’s CEO
According to a news report from VentureBeat, John Smedley, long time CEO of Daybreak (going back into its early days as Sony Online Entertainment), has stepped down and is being replaced by former COO Russell Shanks.
Since Daybreak went independent from Sony, it has been in the news frequently, dealing with layoffs, DDOS attacks, and community reassurances that EQNext, H1Z1, and other titles are still being worked on lovingly by the staff. At this time, it’s unclear what this change in staffing will do to affect Daybreak’s games and services.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eudemons Online celebrates sixth anniversary
- Eudemons Online is now celebrating its sixth year of service.
- Star Trek Online: Age of Discovery Review
- I got into Star Trek Online terribly late, so there was a lot to learn and keep up with, but this is the best time to jump right in.
- Generation Zero: Alpine Unrest Offers First Expansion
- Generation Zero, an open-world action game set in an alternate 1980's Sweden, has recently launched its first expansion: Alpine Unrest.