Jagex Games Studio Appoints New CEO
Jagex Games Studio, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, today announced the appointment of Rod Cousens to the position of CEO.
Throughout an illustrious career within the UK video games industry, Rod has presided over the likes of Activison, Acclaim and, most recently, Codemasters. Now, in this latest role, he brings his experience, insight and acumen to Jagex as it enters a new chapter of business.
Rod will oversee the company during a period of expansion in which the studio’s flagship title branches out into the collectable card game genre via the recently announced Chronicle: RuneScape Legends. Meanwhile the tactical online shooter, Block N Load, will bring its strategic combination of construction and marksmanship to the world on 30th April 2015. Away from the public domain, an additional number of games are currently moving through development towards announcement.
The current executive team, who have been managing the company since the end of 2014, will now report into Rod.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Castle Clash Gets a Big Update with More Levels and New Character
- IGG, creator of internationally acclaimed mobile strategy games, is pleased to announce a massive update for one of its most beloved titles.
- TERA Hits Steam with New Gunner Class
- “We’re celebrating TERA’s anniversary this month and over the past 3 years, we’ve received many requests for TERA to be playable on St...
- LeKool Games Launches Server 2 for MMO Warlord Saga
- Lekoolgames immensely popular game Warlord Saga is a Journey based on the historical novel Romance of Three Kingdoms. The story (part historic...