Final Fantasy XI: Mobile Version Coming Soon by SE and Nexon
NEXON Co., Ltd (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation (“Nexon Korea”), will develop a mobile version of the legendary MMORPG FINAL FANTASY ® XI with renowned Japanese game developer SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD (“SQUARE ENIX”). The game is expected to be released in 2016.
Nexon Korea will leverage FINAL FANTASY XI ’s compelling storyline, engaging content and impressive graphics while optimizing features for smartphone and mobile devices to create an immersive, responsive and dynamic experience for mobile users. These optimizations will include improving party organizing systems, enriching solo-play functionality, improving battle functionality and enhancing in-game events and features.
“We are thrilled to partner with SQUARE ENIX to bring this amazing franchise to mobile audiences around the world,” said Owen Mahoney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nexon. “We are excited to strengthen our partnership with SQUARE ENIX by adding one of their most successful titles to our portfolio, as we continue to leverage our game development and global publishing expertise to provide high-quality experiences to gamers around the world.”
“Developing a high-quality mobile adaptation of FINAL FANTASY Ⅺ with Nexon, with an extensive track record of successfully collaborating with global partners, is a great opportunity for SQUARE ENIX,” said Yosuke Matsuda, President and Chief Executive Officer of SQUARE ENIX. “Through this partnership, FINAL FANTASY XI, which has enjoyed 13 years of noteworthy success on game console and PC, will make a significant step onto the mobile platform.”
FINAL FANTASY XI Mobile will be available in Japan, Korea, North America, and other Europe and Asia area.
For more info, visit http://www.jp.square-enix.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Realm Zero: New Sandbox MMO hits Kickstarter
- A new sandbox MMO called Realm Zero, which boasts a new take on the traditional massive multiplayer online model, has launched a crowdfunding ...
- Cannon Brawl Launch Review
- While Cannon Brawl may feel like a relatively simple title at first, I genuinely feel there is a lot to offer in this game.
- EVE Online’s Galatea Release Brings Chaos to Amarr Space
- As EVE Online’s Galatea release went live today, New Eden is still reeling from one of the most dramatic events in its rich history.