IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tree of Savior: More FAQ answered and over 90,000 registered
- GM Lesley just published her FAQ #4. Later this afternoon at 5PM, the CBT testers’ announcement will be made in the Nexon website. While wai...
- Transformers Universe: Pandemic and Outsider showcase available
- To celebrate Transformers Universe’s presence at EGX 2014, Jagex are delighted to introduce Pandemic and Outsider to the ever growing barrac...
- Guild Wars 2 Introduces Retro-Gaming Mode
- Jump into a retro world through the month of April in Guild Wars 2.