Warframe Launches On Nintendo Switch
Digital Extremes is proud to announce that their space-ninja action of Warframe is now live on the Nintendo Switch. It comes in conjunction with Panic Button (DOOM, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Rocket League), and will feature 1-4 player cooperative online play on day one. The game will begin with the “Mask of the Revenant” updates, but the Fortuna expansion is coming soon. In celebration of this, Digital Extremes created a package of free items that should warm players up to the game right in time for the holidays. To access these free gifts, players simply need download Warframe and install the Comms Segment in the Vor’s Prize tutorial quest, then check their in-game message inbox before December 4. The launch gift includes:
- 3 Day Affinity Booster
- Orokin Catalyst
- Orokin Reactor
- 50k Credits (Frugal Credit Bundle)
Key Features of the Nintendo Switch version of Warframe include:
- Free!: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.
- Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.
- Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years’ of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.
- All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update — updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear — are included at Nintendo Switch launch.
- The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Nova Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.
- Post-Launch Content: Warframe is a games-as-a-service title constantly offering regular free updates.
- The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon.
- Garuda, the 37th Warframe, will arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna update.
- Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).
- Controllers: Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic both Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking!
- Motion Controls: Motion control functionality is available at launch. All controls – mining, shooting, fishing, etc. – are motion control enabled.
- Chat: Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App
- Migrating Accounts – Just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date (TBD).
- Storage – As a games-as-a-service title with five years’ worth of content, players can download Warframe straight to their system. We recommend a 32 or 64 GB SD card, as we plan to bring more content in the future.
- Always Online: Warframe is an always-online game – meaning it requires an online connection to play.
- Have Fun!: Start solo and invite friends to play as you level up. We’ll join you in the Origin System, Tenno!
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Jagex Acquired by Chinese Investors
- Jagex confirmed it has been acquired by Chinese investors with immediate effect and a new Board of Directors has been constituted.
- Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.21 Adds The Feast
- Players of the hit MMO, FINAL FANTASY® XIV, can now battle one another in the Feast, a new PvP mode released with Patch 3.21
- Offworld Trading Company: Early Access Now Available
- Players are now able to begin colonizing Mars in Offworld Trading Company, the economic RTS from Mohawk Games, as the title is now available o...