Warframe Delivers Tons of News During TennoCon 2019
This was a huge weekend for Warframe, as TennoCon had so much news about the action MMO from Digital Extremes. During TennoCon, they also showed off a 30-minute live demo of the upcoming space combat expansion, Empyrean. Empyrean will feature fluid ship-to-ship combat, and a new multiplayer system, the ground-breaking Squad Link system. Players and their clans will command the powerful Railjack battleship and will traverse the Origin System in it. There will be an in-ship interface so you can deploy shields, fire missile barrages, open fire with guns, and even deploy Archwings and infiltrate enemy ships.
New details from TennoCon 2019 bring an even deeper level of freedom, power, and cooperative gameplay:
- Connect the Community With Squad Link!: This ground-breaking multiplayer system connects the world of Warframe in an entirely new way. Transcend beyond your solo objective and connect with the larger community by reaching out to other Tenno squads using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up on other squads of active players to help the bigger cause — lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more.
- Assault, Steal and Pilot Enemy Ships: Players can now infiltrate opponent ships using Archwings and command them in a variety of missions. Become a swashbuckling #Spaceninja, Tenno!
- Customize and Upgrade Everything: The Drydock is your Railjack’s personal space garage. Build out and upgrade your battleship’s Equipment, Cosmetics, Systems and Reinforcements with a huge array of options, name your ship and beautify it all by customizing primary, secondary and tertiary colors, accents, decals and more.
- Revenge: Enemies have begun adapting to Tenno lethality, and from it, kingpins will emerge! Players familiar with Warframe‘s in-development Kingpin system will be rewarded with a first look at how these reactive enemies behave, starting with the Kuva Lich, Emra Rok, in an epic boss fight on the capital ship.
- Graphics Upgrade: Digital Extremes is dedicated to providing the single best graphics fidelity to AAA free-to-play gaming. Using a completely re-written rendering technology (“Deferred Renderer”) in its proprietary Evolution Engine, Warframe’s graphics have never looked better.
The team also astounded players by unveiling a movie-quality cinematic introduction to Warframe by Director Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane, Black Mirror: Playtest, The Boys, Uncharted). This stunning re-imagination of the game’s introductory story presents Trachtenberg’s and Digital Extremes’ vision of an older era in the Warframe universe. In the Old War — the Orokin Era — when the original Warframes rebelled against their Orokin masters, flashback scenes depict them in the battle against Dax Warriors in action scenes with proto-Grineer soldiers looming in the background. The new intro brings new narrative context and intense cinematic action to the Warframe universe like never before.
“Getting to work so collaboratively with the dev team at DE has been an awesome experience,” says Great Guns’ Director Dan Trachtenberg. “As a massive fan of the game myself, having logged in hundreds of hours of play time, it’s been so much fun crafting a story that both sets up the universe for new players in a pretty epic way, while sprinkling it with moments that, I hope, make it doubly rewarding for hardcore fans with a better understanding of the game’s lore.”
This new introduction bridges the gap between two eras of Warframe. Players can get a peek at the original Warframes fighting in the Old War and is couched in a much larger narrative. The flashbacks contained therein are a great way to introduce players to the first of their selectable Warframes – Excalibur, Mag, and Volt, and this introduction serves to offer a better understanding of the universe they’re settling into.
Nightwave Series 2 is also available, as is Wukong Prime Access, on all platforms. Nightwave is a season of free rotating content, and each tells its own story. Series 2: The Emissary has players meeting a strange mute child, who emerges unharmed from the Infestation, and can miraculously heal the sick. Wukong Prime is now ready for action! Available to earn through gameplay or purchase, the enduring, swift and unruly Wukong Prime brings eager Tenno an enhanced version of the original for the first time ever.
This year’s TennoCon moves the space needle even further with a spectacular opportunity. In this incredible contest, Digital Extremes will offer players a chance to win $250,000 USD toward a trip to space by playing Warframe in the “Become a Real #SpaceNinja” sweepstakes. More information is in the link below.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribes: Ascend removes skiing bug
- Hi-Rez Studios has found and removed the "skiing bug" found in Tribes Ascend.
- DarkForce: Conquest Review (LitRPG)
- DarkForce: Conquest was authored and self-published by R. M. Mulder. The audiobook was narrated by Andrea Emmes.
- RIFT Prime Service To Offer Players a New Way to Play
- Trion Worlds is excited to offer an all-new way to play RIFT, with the RIFT Prime Service.