The Imperial Realm – Miranda – Introduces New ‘Bold New World’ Update
Secret Lair Games revealed the third major update for their MMORTS title, The Imperial Realm::Miranda. Bold New World adds four new environments, alongside dynamic weather, a new sky and a host of graphical updates to Miranda’s huge 400 square kilometer world. According to Rob Basler, the biggest challenge in developing Bold New World was inventing a way to automatically create millions of realistic looking rocks, from tiny pebbles to sheer cliffs.
The plan for Miranda’s new sky proved to be a little over-ambitious. “We really wanted to add a day/night cycle to Miranda and make the sky more beautiful. We worked for a month on a physically based simulation of the sun, sky, and clouds like players have seen in Horizon Zero Dawn. Then we realized we’d need to spend months more to finish it,” says Basler. “Ultimately we came up with a simpler solution for Miranda’s sky which is as beautiful as we hoped it would be, but it’s not as clever as theirs.”
“Creating a new type of game is a huge challenge all on its own for a small studio, but games also need to be beautiful, and I really feel we’ve delivered that with Bold New World,” says Robert Basler, Secret Lair Games’ President. “I am thrilled to see players excitement as they explore our new creations.”
The Imperial Realm::Miranda is now available on Early Access on itchi.io.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Closers - Bai Winchester Thoughts and Gameplay
- She may as well be named Jin Kisaragi though because that’s the vibe I get from spending the last three days doing playing just her.
- 37Games Announces Blades & Rings
- 37Games has announced the newest addition to its list of games, Blades & Rings.
- En Masse Reveals Content Updates for TERA on Console for May
- Following the launch of TERA on Console for console on April 3rd, 2018, En Masse has scheduled a calendar worth of updates coming for May.