The Imperial Realm – Miranda – Introduces New ‘Bold New World’ Update
Secret Lair Games revealed the third major update for their MMORTS title, The Imperial Realm::Miranda. Bold New World adds four new environments, alongside dynamic weather, a new sky and a host of graphical updates to Miranda’s huge 400 square kilometer world. According to Rob Basler, the biggest challenge in developing Bold New World was inventing a way to automatically create millions of realistic looking rocks, from tiny pebbles to sheer cliffs.
The plan for Miranda’s new sky proved to be a little over-ambitious. “We really wanted to add a day/night cycle to Miranda and make the sky more beautiful. We worked for a month on a physically based simulation of the sun, sky, and clouds like players have seen in Horizon Zero Dawn. Then we realized we’d need to spend months more to finish it,” says Basler. “Ultimately we came up with a simpler solution for Miranda’s sky which is as beautiful as we hoped it would be, but it’s not as clever as theirs.”
“Creating a new type of game is a huge challenge all on its own for a small studio, but games also need to be beautiful, and I really feel we’ve delivered that with Bold New World,” says Robert Basler, Secret Lair Games’ President. “I am thrilled to see players excitement as they explore our new creations.”
The Imperial Realm::Miranda is now available on Early Access on itchi.io.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- OnRPG and MMOHuts Partner with GamingEvolved for Akaneiro Livestream
- Tune in tonight (5/29) to check out how the development is going!
- Marvel Heroes 2015 Launches Today
- Gazillion Entertainment is pleased to announce the launch of Marvel Heroes 2015. Celebrating a year's worth of content, features and game...
- East & West Unite At Last in Silkroad Online Update
- Silkroad Online players today are able to enjoy the launch of Ignite Silkroad Part 2: East and West Unite!, part of a series of updates to rev...