Curse of the Sea Rats Pre-Alpha Trailer
Curse of the Sea Rats is an upcoming hand-drawn animation Ratoidvania (Metroidvania) on the way to Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam. It was shown off at Gamescom 2019 (August 20-22) and is an exploration-focused, side-scrolling RPG. A group of heroes has been transformed into rats by a pirate witch, and it’s up to them to rescue the Admiral’s son and break the spell.
“Curse of the Sea Rats is part of a transmedia project including an animated series, comic books, and toys”, says Sergio Garcia, CEO at Petoons Studio. “The game will become the first metroidvania starring rats.”
Four characters will be playable, with single and local multiplayer modes on offer. 11 scenarios await players, taking place on the coast of Ireland in 1777, and Curse of the Sea Rats will launch on all platforms in 2021.
- Packing all of the best features you’ve come to know from the Metroidvania genre into a single game starring rats!
- Investigate 11 different scenarios in a non-linear quest set in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, local multiplayer mode, jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Beautiful hand-drawn animation with 2.5D graphics: 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment.
- Story cut-scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a professional cast.
- Rich twisting plot set in a breathtaking lush-color fantasy style.
- Suitable for every audience: from the casual to the hardcore gamer.
- Try completing 100% of the quest or speedrun to the end of the game.
- New DLC’s and free updates planned to engage our fans.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Prophecies Are True: Age of Wonders III Now Available!
- Triumph Studios announces the launch of Age of Wonders III at retailers.
- Harmony Festival begins in Elsword
- A new event, Harmony Festival, has begun in Kill3rCombo's Elsword.
- Neverwinter: Shroud of Souls Live on PC
- Cryptic Studios has announced that the Shroud of Souls update for Neverwinter is available today for PC.