World of Tanks Blitz: Launches Exclusively on iOS
Wargaming today announced the release of World of Tanks Blitz, which marks the company’s first major step into the global mobile games market. The free-to-play mobile action MMO is now live worldwide exclusively for iOS tablets (iPad 2 and newer) and smartphones (iPhone 4S and newer).
“With World of Tanks Blitz, we aim to bring our expertise in delivering triple-A MMOs to the competitive mobile space,” said Andrey Ryabovol, Director of Global Operations at Wargaming. “The team succeeded in creating a quality original product that puts a fresh twist on tank combat, and it will be great to see players from all over the world get their hands on it.”
Wargaming rolled out World of Tanks Blitz to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Iceland with a soft launch on iOS in May, 2014. During soft launch, World of Tanks Blitz received an average score of 4.5 on the App Store, climbed to Top 3 Overall in that region and saw an average of 70 minutes spent in game.
World of Tanks Blitz has added a number of new features and enhancements after the soft-launch and now offers two-player platoons to team up with friends, Facebook integration and improved visuals.
The release version features over 90 iconic German, American and Soviet vehicles spread across four classes: agile light tanks, well-rounded medium tanks, powerful heavy tanks and long-range focused tank destroyers. Mobile tankers will tap and swipe the touch screen to control multi-tone armored giants and destroy the competition across eight original battle arenas. Leveling up will unlock new vehicle models, allowing players to explore iconic WWII machines and master tactical skills in 7 vs 7 PvP battles.
For more info, visit http://wotblitz.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- MapleStory Releases Monster Life Mini-Game
- Nexon America’s MMORPG MapleStory has just added a brand-new mini-game, Monster Life, offering alternate gameplay to players.
- SMITE Releases the Sleeping Giant, Kumbhakarna
- By now most fans of HiRez Studios mythological MOBA, SMITE, were aware the Hindu Guardian Kumbhakarna was joining the battlefield of the gods ...
- Rise of Incarnates Announces Latest Game Updates
- Rise of Incarnates is revealing a new map, new character and special in-game event.