World of Battleships announced
Wargaming.net, publisher of World of Tanks and the upcoming World of Warplanes, has now announced a third warfare MMO – World of Battleships.
Based on historic 20th century battles, ships will have a variety of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance, while maps will offer weather conditions as part of their challenge in battle.
World of Battleships will remain free-to-play. As the third part of the “World of” trilogy that lets players battle on land, air, or sea, World of Battleships will also let players exchange resources between the games.
World of Battleships Gameplay Screenshot
Wargaming.net Declares Naval Warfare
World of Battleships Weighs Anchor
London, UK, Paris, FR and San Francisco, CA (16th August, 2011) — Wargaming.net, the award-winning videogame publisher and developer, announces World of Battleships, a free-to-play naval action MMO based on epic sea battles of the 20th century that will complete the “World of” war trilogy.
Keeping with the best traditions of the series, World of Battleships will offer a straightforward interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three games for the ultimate progress in each of them.
The large assortment of available warships will give various tactical opportunities, as all the machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance. Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.
Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi. States, “Humans always needed to conquer the elements — earth, water and air. With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players to conquer all, simultaneously.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- First Content Update for Hyper Universe Early Access Revealed
- We have the information for the first major update to Hyper Universe Early Access! We have a new map (Dragon Refuge) and a new Hyper (Arslan).
- Star Trek: Discovery to Debut in Popular Mobile Game
- It's the first Star Trek TV show in more than fifteen years and promises to be a grand undertaking: Star Trek: Discovery.
- A New Dragon Arrives in League of Angels
- League of Angels is proud to announce the release of a powerful new Dragon!