Wargaming Receives Two Awards from European Games Awards
Wargaming has received two awards from the European Games Award 2012, marking the second year in a row the company has won. Over 100 games were represented at the ceremony, in over 20 categories. Winners were chosen by industry professionals, and gamers all across Europe. Wargaming won Best European Publisher and Most Wanted Online Game of 2012 for World of Warplanes.
In celebration, Wargaming has released their Gamescom trailer for World of Warplanes, which can be viewed below.
Wargaming also publishes World of Tanks and World of Warships.
World of Warplanes Gamescom Trailer
Wargaming Takes Home Two Honors From European Games Award 2012
15 August 2012 — Wargaming is proud to announce today that it has received two prestigious honors from the European Games Award 2012. The company was named the Best European Publisher, and its flight combat action MMO World of Warplanes was chosen Europe’s Most Wanted Online Game of 2012.
“We are excited to be honored by the European Games Award for the second year in a row,” said Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi. “These awards celebrate the creative and commercial progress the company has made over the last year, and demonstrate the recognition and popularity our projects have earned all around Europe.”
The 2012 European Games Award took place yesterday evening at an official ceremony in Cologne, Germany. This year more than 100 games were eligible for awards in over 20 categories. The winners were decided by both industry professionals and gamers from all over Europe, who had the chance to support and vote for their favorite titles via a public vote.
The European Games Award is the top award for European video and computer game developers. Since 2010, the ceremony gathers European game development professionals and players to decide the best games, developers and publishers on the continent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Angels II Introduces Team Domination Cross-Server PvP Mode
- Following the massive Multi-lingual update to League of Angels II, Youzu is pushing even harder to bring their players together.
- Gloria Victis Steam Early Access Impressions
- Gloria Victis started as a Kickstarter project in late 2012 and unfortunately didn't reach their set goal.
- Daybreak Games Gets Ready to Celebrate Halloween Across Their Games
- Daybreak Games shared with us this morning their entire calendar of special Halloween events across all of their games.