Warframe PC Launches Archwing Update October 24th
Digital Extremes continues to set the example for AAA quality in Free-to-Play with the release of an extensive new update for its hit sci-fi action game, Warframe®. The new PC update titled ‘Archwing’ takes players to an entirely new world within Warframe and will be released tomorrow, Oct. 24th at 9am EDT.
Putting the ‘space’ in ‘space ninja’, new Archwing technology allows players to fly freely through space without the use of a ship. The update also includes colossal new weapons to accompany the Archwing, new player Quests to deepen the lore of the game, challenging new enemies, Syndicates – a new reputation system, the release of a new Warframe – Limbo, and much more.
As Warframe continues to grow so does its legions of players recently surpassing 12 million registered users worldwide on all platforms. It is the most downloaded game on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and has had a strong presence on the Xbox One since the game’s release on the console in early September.
Highlights of this impressive update include:
- ARCHWING – Take Warframe’s high-energy, skilled ninja combat into the depths of space in the new game mode that puts the ‘space’ into space ninjas! Archwing technology allowing for space combat sans spacecraft, contains unique new weapons and abilities to unleash against the enemy.
- NEW QUESTS – Two new quests expand the Warframe universe. Unlock the new Archwing technology along with the new Warframe in a set of interlinked missions.
- NEW REPUTATION SYSTEM – Represent one of six Syndicates to unique rewards as your reputation increases! Wear your Syndicate’s Sigil with pride in missions to earn reputation and proclaim your loyalty.
- NEW WARFRAME – Bring honor to the Solar System with a magician-like Warframe whose hat wields exceptional powers including displacing enemies into other dimensions and more.
- NEW WEAPONS — Devastate opponents with the OPTICOR, a powerful new laser cannon. Bludgeon enemies with the HALIKAR, a jet-powered throwing mace that always returns to its master.
- NEW TILESET – Explore the Corpus Ice Planet!
- NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS – Adorn your Warframe with intricate body art with all-new Sigils. Customize your Archwing with Mods and colors. Give your Soma a new look with the Huntsman Soma Weapon Skin!
- NEW ENEMIES – New types of enemies equipped to fly in space present new challenges in Archwing combat. The Grineer have also emerged with a new enemy to tame your pet Kubrow.
The Archwing update will be released on October 24 at 9am EDT, in the meantime, new players can prepare for the update by downloading Warframe for free at www.warframe.com. PS4™ and Xbox One players will receive the update in a few more weeks.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Conquer Online: "2nd Ninja War" update coming August 12th
- On August 12, Conquer Online will witness the 2nd Ninja War break out in an incredible fashion, and introduce the new Epic Weapon to the commu...
- WWE Immortals Now Available for iOS and Android Devices
- WWE Immortals is a free-to-play title that features Superstar battles in a fantastically re-imagined WWE world.
- Legion of Heroes: Now in Open Beta
- NEXON M, the creative mobile game publishing arm of Nexon Co. Ltd., has released Legion of Heroes into beta testing. Legion of Heroes is desig...