Tribes Ascend Now On Steam
Hi-Rez Studios has announced the launch of Tribes Ascend on Steam, along with a new update.
The new version (available regularly and through Steam) includes a new map, Stonehenge, designed for Capture the Flag matches, plus a new Team Deathmatch map called Miasma. Players can also check out the first-person spectator mode, or access new localized versions for German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese speaking players.
Hi-Rez Studios also publishes Global Agenda and SMITE.
Tribes Ascend Update #6: Stonehenge
Free-to-Play Tribes: Ascend Now Available On Steam
Update includes new maps, new features, and localized game client for Germany, Brazil, and Russia
ATLANTA — 27 June, 2012— Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that Tribes: Ascend has launched on Valve’s Steam service.
The fast-paced, free-to-play multiplayer shooter has received a strong critical reception from the gaming press, including Editor’s Choice awards from PC Gamer, IGN, and Gamespy, and 10/10 scores from review sites worldwide including Eurogamer and Ausgamers.
Tribes: Ascend has over one million registered users, and the move to Steam, combined with international servers and language support, will expose the title to millions more worldwide.
Says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer, “We’re very excited to partner with Valve and deliver the World’s Fastest Shooter to the world’s largest gaming community.”
The updated version of Tribes: Ascend available on Steam will introduce a new Capture The Flag map called Stonehenge and a new Team Deathmatch map, as well as first-person spectator mode to support the growing Tribes competitive community. The game is also being localized to support German, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese. Beta versions of these languages are available in the latest patch, with final versions and support for additional languages on the way.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Robocraft: "Tanks Are Rollin' Out!" Update Now Available
- Robot creation/destruction game Robocraft has released it's next big content update titled "Tanks Are Rollin' Out!".
- HeroWarz Celebrates PC Launch with new Hero and Cash Shop Opening
- KOGGames now proudly presents the most bizarre ARPG with the tightest controls on the market in its full launch state!
- Gravity Buys Dragonica Developer Barunson Interactive
- In a recent press release, Gravity Interactive announced that they had acquired a controlling stake (50.8%) of Barunson Interactive for around...