Tribes Ascend Now On Steam
Hi-Rez Studios has announced the launch of Tribes Ascend on Steam, along with a new update.
The new version (available regularly and through Steam) includes a new map, Stonehenge, designed for Capture the Flag matches, plus a new Team Deathmatch map called Miasma. Players can also check out the first-person spectator mode, or access new localized versions for German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese speaking players.
Hi-Rez Studios also publishes Global Agenda and SMITE.
Tribes Ascend Update #6: Stonehenge
Free-to-Play Tribes: Ascend Now Available On Steam
Update includes new maps, new features, and localized game client for Germany, Brazil, and Russia
ATLANTA — 27 June, 2012— Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that Tribes: Ascend has launched on Valve’s Steam service.
The fast-paced, free-to-play multiplayer shooter has received a strong critical reception from the gaming press, including Editor’s Choice awards from PC Gamer, IGN, and Gamespy, and 10/10 scores from review sites worldwide including Eurogamer and Ausgamers.
Tribes: Ascend has over one million registered users, and the move to Steam, combined with international servers and language support, will expose the title to millions more worldwide.
Says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer, “We’re very excited to partner with Valve and deliver the World’s Fastest Shooter to the world’s largest gaming community.”
The updated version of Tribes: Ascend available on Steam will introduce a new Capture The Flag map called Stonehenge and a new Team Deathmatch map, as well as first-person spectator mode to support the growing Tribes competitive community. The game is also being localized to support German, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese. Beta versions of these languages are available in the latest patch, with final versions and support for additional languages on the way.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online Season 9 Gets a Date and New Trailer
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced that Star Trek Online will launch its latest content update, Season 9: A New Accord, on April 22.
- Puzzle & Dragons Begins Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Collaboration
- Capcom's very own Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is going to rushdown the competition beginning today and the fight will last until Mar...
- Infinite Crisis to Launch March 26 on Steam
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced that Infinite Crisis, a bold new entrant into the wildly popular m...