Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Torchlight Frontiers Becomes Torchlight III
- Torchlight Frontiers, the horizontal-progression MMO based off the Torchlight franchise, is taking a step back to its roots.
- MicroVolts Launches Boot Camp Update
- Rock Hippo has released the latest update to MicroVolts today, entitled Boot Camp.
- The Great Equalizer: Kings and Legends' Tournaments
- Kings and Legends, the unique card-based, free2play browser title, today launches the new daily Tournament system, a different way to compete ...