Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- PAX East 2015: 10 Reasons To Be Hyped
- PAX East is my first time visiting one of these expos as a member of the press, and the level of excitement I am feeling will only be parallel...
- Combat Monsters Updated With More Gold, Cards, and Runes
- Following a successful launch on Steam, Combat Monsters has just received a major update including more gold, more cards, more runes and even ...
- Camon Hero Launching World Wide as Cardmon Hero
- Camon Hero launching world wide through T3Fun sometime around November 10. The MMORPG was scheduled to launch through Uforia but they delayed ...