Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- ArchLord II: Pre-registration for Closed Beta Now Available
- Webzen has shared new information about Closed Beta pre-registration for its upcoming dynamic PvP MMO Archlord 2.
- Age of Wushu: Winter Content Announcement
- After a featured pack expansion in The Legends of Mount Hua, many may think we are taking a break from filling the world of Age of Wushu with ...
- World of Warcraft Patch 6.0.2 Details Emerge
- This patch focuses on continuing the lore build up with a massive barbarian incursion into the Blasted Lands where players will soon come to r...