Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Space Engineers Releases New Update and Decorative Pack
- Space Engineers released a new update that offers both an optional Decoration Pack, and some seriously cool technology.
- Marvel Heroes Reveals “Asgard” Zone and Patch 1.11
- Gazillion Entertainment revealed details on the first new zone “Asgard”, which will be released in Fall 2013.
- League of Angels (Koramgame Version) launching soon
- After a delay to the launch date we all hoped that League of Angels would be coming to Koramgame before the end of March as first announced.