Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Maestia Launches Skies of Palus
- Gravity Interactive has launched the Skies of Palus update for Maestia.
- A New Journey Starts – Sentinel Heroes Remake Enters CBT Today
- Sentinel Heroes Studios announces that the Sentinel Heroes Remake CBT kicks off today.
- World of Warships Features Sinister Submarines Stalking the Seas Starting Today
- The third Halloween-themed mission for World of Warships has begun and brings with it one of the most requested features: Submarines.