Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 11/19: EVE, Guild Wars 2, and Novus AEterno
- Today's latest MMO news from EVE, Guild Wars 2, and Novus AEterno.
- War Thunder Unleashes Steel Generals
- Gaijin Entertainment today announced that Update 1.45 (code named Steel Generals) for the award-winning MMO WWII online game War Thunder is no...
- Festivities Arrive in RaiderZ this Week
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced that winter festivities will arrive this Wednesday, December 12, in RaiderZ.