Team Fortress 2 Joins Dungeon of the Endless
Stemming from the spring ‘Endless Free Weekend’ on Steam, popular French developer Amplitude Studios has officially unlocked the all new Australium update, featuring new official Team Fortress 2 content for its rogue-like, dungeon-defense game Dungeon of the Endless. Hitting its ‘stretch goals’ during the free weekend on Steam, all gamers who have purchased Dungeon of the Endless can play as four Team Fortress 2 characters and use five new items.
The Australium update picks up after a brutal gravel war, where four mercenaries from two competing companies are prospecting for the rare element Australium. With hard work and a little luck they’ll convert their battle-honed skills into cold hard earned cash, thanks to the extensive loads of Australium rumored to exist on Auriga. Each prospector is on the hunt, exploring, digging and tunneling in search of this very precious resource.
“We honestly have the best community members, the outpouring of support, and feedback that we receive from them on a regular basis is phenomenal, surpassing each stretch goal during our free weekend was a huge testament to how loyal our community is,” said Romain de Waubert de Genlis, chief creative officer at Amplitude. “Our hope is that our community members enjoy the new update and continue to provide honest feedback helping us improve and perfect our games.”
Meet the Team Fortress 2 Characters:
- • Pat Bates (Pyro): Nobody knows where this thing came from, what it thinks, or why it does what it does. Eager researchers who interviewed Bates tend to either quickly change their area of study – or go completely insane!
- • Kaspar Herab (Medic): Kaspar did, at some point, receive some form of medical training. The duration, sobriety, and quality of that training – and whether or not it pertained to human beings, is highly questionable. Herab’s eagerness to demonstrate it, is not.
- • Dell Bradford (Engineer): Dell is a misplaced trans-dimensional copy of a non-existent being from a pseudo-reality. Fortunately, he is also a skilled engineer with at least 11 hard science PhDs. Minor questions concerning the nature of reality don’t bother him much.
- • Misha Cherny (Heavy): Misha comes from a very cold gulag in a very cold place; much of his reputation stems from the fact that though he and his sisters escaped, none of the guards did. This experience has not affected the warmth of his personality, though it should be noted that the degree of warmth is directly proportional to the number of dead enemies.
The new Dungeon of the Endless characters will now be able to equip five new items from Team Fortress 2. Meet the new Team Fortress 2 Items:
- • Tower of Hats: Tarnish it not, presumptuous one.
- • Gas Mask: A highly effective defense against anything from flatuation to the most toxic nerve gas. The only drawback is that the mask’s active ingredient causes idyllic, pastoral hallucinations.
- • Dove: The only flying animal not yet eaten by the dungeon inhabitants, Archimede stays safely in the pocket of whoever is carrying it.
- • jPad: One letter better than its famous predecessor, this handheld marvel contains optimized solutions for the materials, project plans, and techniques of module construction.
- • Sandvich: Not considered edible by most sentient beings, this snack requires teeth capable of chewing gravel. On the plus side, it tastes like vodka.
For more on the Australium update, go to Amplitude Studios’ forums HERE.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Nexon holds Nexon Developers Conference for Partners in Korea
- NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, held its first-ever Nexon Developers Conference for ...
- War Dragons Launches First Major Expansion, Atlas
- ar Dragons by Pocket Gems officially launches the first major expansion to their RTS title, named Atlas.
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta Impressions
- For those unfamiliar with the Battlefront series, the latest Star Wars Battlefront game is an arcade shooter built upon the latest Frostbite 3