Splitgate: Arena Warfare Announced Free-to-Play Launch Date
1047 Games revealed this week that Splitgate: Arena Warfare is scheduled to enter Free-to-Play status this month. The multiplayer first-person-shooter that utilizes player-controlled portals will launch on PC via Steam on May 22nd, 2019. Splitgate: Arena Warfare aims to evoke the memory of some of the greatest shooters in the past two decades, standing by the familiar feel of arena multiplayer. The world-bending mechanic of setting up portals lets players link gateways around the map, and pairs this with jetpack boosted movement. Splitgate: Arena Warfare encourages incredibly tricky plays, flanks and ambushes using portals to either creep up on enemies or come out of nowhere, guns blazing. Splitgate: Arena Warfare will launch with an array of customizable options, from weapon and armor skins, jetpacks, portal guns and more.
“As Splitgate evolved, we realized that players would be best served with a free-to-play model. We want to ensure that everyone who wants to play has the opportunity to do so,” said Ian Proulx, CEO and co-founder of 1047 Games. “Rest assured this will not detract from its hyper-competitive design – all items for sale in the game are purely cosmetic.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Population Zero Details Wildlife in New Dev Blog
- Enplex Games released a new dev blog today concerning their upcoming Population Zero, detailing the various creatures one might see on Kepler.
- War and Order Launches on Mobile
- Camel Games has announced the release of War and Order on Android and iOS.
- Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday Launches July 6
- Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday will launch on July 6.