Splitgate: Arena Warfare Announced Free-to-Play Launch Date
1047 Games revealed this week that Splitgate: Arena Warfare is scheduled to enter Free-to-Play status this month. The multiplayer first-person-shooter that utilizes player-controlled portals will launch on PC via Steam on May 22nd, 2019. Splitgate: Arena Warfare aims to evoke the memory of some of the greatest shooters in the past two decades, standing by the familiar feel of arena multiplayer. The world-bending mechanic of setting up portals lets players link gateways around the map, and pairs this with jetpack boosted movement. Splitgate: Arena Warfare encourages incredibly tricky plays, flanks and ambushes using portals to either creep up on enemies or come out of nowhere, guns blazing. Splitgate: Arena Warfare will launch with an array of customizable options, from weapon and armor skins, jetpacks, portal guns and more.
“As Splitgate evolved, we realized that players would be best served with a free-to-play model. We want to ensure that everyone who wants to play has the opportunity to do so,” said Ian Proulx, CEO and co-founder of 1047 Games. “Rest assured this will not detract from its hyper-competitive design – all items for sale in the game are purely cosmetic.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rend Steam Early Access Announced
- Rend is coming to Steam Early Access on July 31, 2018, at the price of $29.99.
- MOBA Legends Launches on Mobile
- Kick9 brings the global MOBA phenomenon to mobile and tablet devices today with MOBA Legends.
- Population Zero Showcases Their Perk System for Character Customization
- The Population Zero dev team released a dev blog this weekend that discussed the Perk System.