SpeedRunners: Now pixelized
After months of research and numerous heated debates amongst the SpeedRunners team, the biggest update in the game’s history goes live today, altering the visual design to give the experience a more pixel-art feel.
More and more indie titles these days are going down the pixel-art route. It’s widely believed that this is down to the reduced costs of producing pixel-art — but new research discovered by tinyBuild suggests that the average consumer is more likely to purchase a game if it is presented in this style.
Working with experts at the University of Oxford*, tinyBuild has determined that pixel-art games sell roughly 15 times better than other art styles. New ground-breaking statistics show that the perceived size of the pixels in a game directly correlates with the amount of enjoyment a player receives.
With this in mind, we have been pain-stakingly working day and night to provide the players, and our fans, with the visual style they never realized they wanted. SpeedRunners has been completely revamped to satisfy the pixel-art movement, and the pixel-art update is now live for all players.
Note that there is no way to revert back to the original art style — we’ve thrown all that gloss and finish into a bin marked “stupid” and it’s never coming back. We’re now in the process of pixelating all of our other games too, and any third-party partners who resist will be immediately dropped.
“SpeedRunners was getting too mainstream. Now it feels like an actual indie game I could sit down and play at Starbucks.” – Gert-Jan Stolk of DoubleDutch Games, SpeedRunners designer extraordinaire and the main driving force behind this move, explains.
For more info, visit http://steamcommunity.com/games/207140/announcements/detail/168097436240616345
Articles You May Enjoy
- Forge of Empires Soon Launches Progressive Era
- InnoGames just announced the ninth era to dawn in its popular online game, Forge of Empires.
- Summoner's Legion: First Ever Champion Concluded
- R2Games hosted their first ever tournament for Summoner's Legion
- Skara: Unreal 4 Tech to be shown at Developers Conference
- Epic will host one of the first titles to develop using their powerful new Unreal Engine 4 at this year’s Develop Conference in Brighton. SK...