Ship of Heroes News – Kickstarter Goal & Rewards Revealed
Heroic Games has announced its Kickstarter goal for its upcoming indie MMORPG, Ship of Heroes.
The Kickstarter, which is slated to begin on April 4 2017, has set a goal of $400,00 during its five week campaign. All backers at a certain level of donation and above will receive the chance to play beta free prior to the game’s release. Alpha testers will also be drawn from the backers list, with initial Alphas planned to begin in late 2017 and early 2018.
Casey McGeever, CEO of Heroic Games, points out that the development team has been able to demonstrate the first persistent level, character customization, superpowers, and combat already. Plans after the Kickstarter will include a few month period to expand the team and complete fulfillment on Kickstarter before preparing for Alpha tests.
We’ve shown that we can develop on a schedule, and keep quality high and we are moving toward Kickstarter with more elements developed and shown than perhaps any other MMO in our genre had at our stage. We’re open with our community about what we have already built, and what still needs to be developed. But donors can examine the art style, the level of realism, and the story elements already. . . At this point everyone can tell what they’ll be creating when they support our Kickstarter.
Ship of Heroes aims to offer a classic MMO experience that combines sci-fi and superhero genres. You can find out more at their website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eden Rising Will Feature Free-To-Play Option at Launch
- Nvizzio Creations announced today that their upcoming title Eden Rising will also offer a free-to-play option at launch.
- Star Trek Online launches European free-to-play
- Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have officially launched Star Trek Online's free-t0-play model in Europe.
- Camelot Unchained Unveils Stealth Stretch Goal Details
- This week marks yet another stretch goal being surpassed for CityState Games' upcoming RvR MMORPG, Camelot Unchained!