Pirates of the Burning Sea Leaves SOE
Sony Online Entertainment and Flying Lab Software have announced today that they will part ways, sending Pirates of the Burning Sea sailing away on its own journey.
Former Flying Lab employees will form a new company called Portalus Games, and will re-launch the game in the near future on its own platform. Operation of Roberts and Antigua servers will resume, and game data can be transferred from the previous version to the newly hosted version so long as players link their accounts by January 31, 2013 – when Sony Online Entertainment will end access to the game through their platform.
Articles You May Enjoy
- 2015 MMO Predictions - The Rise of Buy to Play Sandboxes
- My predictions are: ESO will continue to lose its player-base until it’s forced to reconsider its payment model and will hopefully switch...
- Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Gets Major Beta Content Drop
- Rival factions across the galaxy now have another weapon in their arsenals today as diplomacy and trade – along with a new playable race, th...
- Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.35 Launched
- Patch 3.35 introduces the Deep Dungeon: The Palace of the Dead, where newcomers and veterans can band together for an unprecedented adventure