MapleStory Hits Eight Years of Free-to-Play Success in North America
Nexon America’s beloved massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) MapleStory has surpassed eight years of service in North America and is hosting a number of events for its loyal players, 21 percent of whom have played MapleStory for at least half of the game’s lifespan in North America.
During the life of the game, Nexon has added large chunks of content, including this year’s addition of Japanese-themed characters, Kanna and Hayato. The feature-packed content updates and nearly limitless character customization options have contributed to the creation of a faithful fan base where nearly ten percent of the North American gamers playing the game for six years or more.
“We have a dedicated and engaged group of players, and we appreciate the loyalty and passion they have for MapleStory,” said Teddy Kim, Nexon America’s producer of MapleStory. “We are committed to continuing to deliver the best content to our players to keep the adventures rolling.”
To celebrate its eighth anniversary, MapleStory will host events giving players the opportunity to earn special eighth anniversary celebration boxes dropping from defeated monsters, which include valuable in-game items. Players level 10 and above can collect eighth anniversary coin giveaways every day, while all players can count on hot-days and EXP bonus events throughout the month.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Nexon Mobile Celebrates Halloween in Titanfall, DomiNations and HIT
- Halloween is on the way, and Nexon Mobile is ready to celebrate in their titles DomiNations, HIT, and Titanfall: Assault!
- Starcraft 2: Season 1 Finals Coming Soon
- ESL, the world’s largest eSports company, today announced that the Season 1 Finals for Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft® II World Champ...
- Legends Of The Orient Arrives In Angels Online
- IGG has officially launched Angels Online's ninth edition, Legends of the Orient.