Kingdom Heroes Closed Beta Date Announced – May 18
Aeria Games finally announced the closed beta start date for their upcoming MMORPG Kingdom Heroes. Players who obtain closed beta keys for Kingdom Heroes can begin logging in on May 18 with the open beta following sometime after. For those that haven’t heard of Kingdom Heroes – it’s a 3D fantasy themed MMORPG with a strong emphasis on player versus player combat. It is set during the period of the Three Kingdoms and will feature a unique ‘soldier’ system and numerous other interesting features.
From the Original Press Release:
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – May 10, 2010 -The lines are drawn in the sand and Aeria Games is poised to launch closed beta testing (CBT) for its upcoming tactical fantasy massively multiplayer online game (MMO) – Kingdom Heroes. CBT players will be set loose on the bloody conflicts in Kingdom Heroes beginning on Tuesday, May 18.
Mighty and cunning online gamers can sign up for the CBT and learn more about Kingdom Heroes at the newly launched official website (http://kingdomheroes.aeriagames.com/), which features players’ guides, tips on growing and customizing formidable armies and advanced glimpses at the game. In addition, the site boasts full community amenities for gamers to buzz about the upcoming game, meet future competitors or compatriots and participate in contests. The website also provides a historical background on Kingdom Heroes‘ inspiration, which stems from the warlords of Ancient China.
“With closed beta starting on May 18, launching a new website for Kingdom Heroes is an exciting and visible step towards opening the game to the world,” said Keith Kawahata, producer at Aeria Games & Entertainment. “We are always dedicated to bringing gamers the best in free-to-play content and Kingdom Heroes is a shining example of deep and strategic online gaming.”
Kingdom Heroes, the newest massively multiplayer online game (MMO) from Aeria Games, reaches new heights in free-to-play games. Here are some of the features players can look forward to in the game:
- Epic Kingdom-wide Combat: players can engage in massive battles over land and sea
- Ship-Based Player versus Player (PvP): form player crews on the high seas to take down enemy ships
- Siege Engines: raze cities to the ground using the awesome power of ballistae, catapults, trebuchets and more
- Revolutionary Guild PvP: cooperate as a guild to take down and control fortresses, cities and trade hubs
- Resource Management: control a city for long enough, and players can become administrators, collecting taxes on every transaction in that city
- Customizable Armies: customize armies with the discarded armor of enemies to give them additional strength in battle
Kingdom Heroes is now taking signups for the upcoming CBT. Closed beta spots are limited and will be given away on a first-come first-served basis. Players can sign up to play Kingdom Heroes by visiting the official website at http://kingdomheroes.aeriagames.comand registering for a free account.
About Aeria Games & Entertainment
Aeria Games is one of the fastest growing publishers of free-to-play online games, providing an unrivaled MMO gaming experience to a growing community of more than 13 million members. With a broad selection of games, including Fantasy MMORPGs, FPS games, Casual MMOs, and Facebook and browser games, Aeria Games is committed to becoming the world’s premier online gaming destination, with high-quality, innovative content and outstanding customer service.
Based in Silicon Valley, California, Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc. was founded in 2006 and has offices in the United States, Tokyo, and Germany. More information about Aeria Games can be found at www.aeriagames.com.
Aeriagames also publishes Shaiya, Last Chaos, Grand Fantasia, Twelve Sky 2, Megaten, Wolfteam, Project Torque, Turf Battles and Dream of Mirror Online.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online: Victory is Life Comes to Console Soon
- It's almost time for Console Captains to take a stand against the Hur'q in Star Trek Online.
- ZergID, new gaming social network enters public beta
- With more than two years of development and testing by 10,000 gamers, ZergID, a social network for MMORPG players, is entering public beta.