Guild Bases previewed for Perfect World International
Perfect World International is adding Guild Bases in its upcoming Genesis expansion update, and has offered a preview of what these special features will be like.
Guild Bases act as headquarters for your guild, and are locked to outsiders. A faction must be at least level 3, and players must have enough materials to begin building their guild base. Guild members must then gain Contribution and Guild Materials to upgrade the base and add features to it. These features include an Armory (faction-only gear), Alchemy Lab (one hour buffs), Manor of Justice (Contribution quests), Heavenly Vault (Guild Material exchange), and the Hall of Loyalty (trivia for rewards). The guild bases also will allow players to raise monsters.
Perfect World International is published by Perfect World, publishers of Battle of the Immortals, Jade Dynasty, Ether Saga Online, Heroes of Three Kingdoms, Legend of Martial Arts, and Forsaken World.
Perfect World International Gameplay Screenshot
Likely the deepest and most complex system introduced in this expansion, guild bases should provide months of fun and satisfaction for all the folks out there who are looking to work with their guildies to overcome tough new challenges!
*Please note that the names within this post may change by the time Genesis is released*
The nature of the Guild Base is to function as an actual headquarters for your faction; it’s an instanced area that’s restricted to outsiders, and a place that’s chock full of guild activities that will take time and effort to complete. But when you do complete its challenges, you and your guild will be roundly rewarded for your efforts with all manner of various unique prizes.
How to Create Your Guild Base:
We know that you guys are highly anticipating Genesis, and that you’ll likely want obtain your guild base on day one, so here’s what you’ll need to start working on if you want to make this dream a reality:
- You’ll need to have a level 3 Faction
- You’ll need a certain amount of 4 things:
- Ultimate Substance
- Warsong Emblems
- Mysterious Chips
Once you’ve reached all of these requirements, all you have to do is talk to the faction base NPC in your city, and he’ll get you started with your base.
Currencies of Your Guild Base
So you’ve got your guild base– now what? Well, to actually be able to obtain all of the cool stuff that your base has to offer, you’re going to need some new currencies– your hard-earned coins are only a part of the equation in here. Specifically, you and your guildies are going to need Contribution and Guild Materials.
Contribution is used to purchase the actual items that are available in your base, for example, the gear from the armory or the buffs from the Alchemy lab. Contribution can be gained by doing certain base-specific kill quests.
Guild Materials are used for upgrading the wings of your base, and they come in five different varieties. By upgrading the different wings of your base, you’ll gain access to better items and quests for purchase. Guild Materials can be collected by doing certain Guild Base quests and from the new 40 vs 40 Faction Wars. (!)
The Four Wings of Your Guild Base (plus the center!):
Your new base will consist of a center room with four looooong hallways extending away from it, each leading to a separate wing. Each wing serves a specific function.
- From here you’ll be able to access special faction-only gear. Gear from the Armory can be purchased with Contribution, and better gear can be accessed by upgrading this wing!
- Alchemy Lab
- The Alchemy Lab gives you access to powerful 1 hour buffs that can be purchased with Contribution. Upgrade this wing to gain access to more powerful buffs!
- Manor of Justice
- This is where you’ll find the various quests that will award you with Contribution.
- Heavenly Vault
- This very important wing is where you’ll be able to turn in your Guild Materials to upgrade the various wings of your base. You’ll also be able to exchange one type of Material for another here, though the exchange rate is not quite 1:1…
- Hall of Loyalty
- This is the center of your base, and it specializes in.. well, trivia, actually. Answer questions correctly for different rewards! You’ll also find some other quests here.
Aside from the different wings, your Guild Base also has an area dedicated to raising monsters! You’ll be able to get special quests to kill these beasts for tons of EXP and Spirit!
So, that’s all for now; we hope you enjoyed this spotlight, and I personally can’t wait til people get into their bases and finally have a place to call their own!
Take care of each other!
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Angels II Officially Launches in Europe on May 19th
- Following the launches in North America and Oceanic region, League of Angels II will officially launch in Europe on May 19th.