gamigo AG acquires US Publisher and Game Developer Trion Worlds Inc
gamigo AG announced today that they purchased major assets from Trion Worlds Inc., developers/publishers of titles such as Rift, Defiance, Trove, and ArcheAge. gamigo AG acquires US Publisher and Game Developer Trion Worlds Inc. gamigo group acquired the majority of Trion’s assets, including the platform, employees, and full publishing rights of the games. gamigo’s sister company, Padmapani GmbH, has acquired the IP of the Trion Worlds games, which are now made available for gamigo group, via a worldwide exclusive.
“The successful acquisition and subsequent integration of Trion into our portfolio substantially strengthen gamigo’s position in the European and American gaming market. On the one hand, we add similar and successful brands and games to the already broad gamigo portfolio, on the other hand, we are looking to unlock substantial synergies with the group’s existing business to further benefit from the remarkable growth potential that the gaming market offers,” said gamigo’s CEO Remco Westermann.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Space Wars: Interstellar Empires Aims for Steam Early Access
- Space Wars: Interstellar Empires, the turn-based/real-time hybrid strategy MMO is coming to Steam Early Access!
- The Aurora World Closed Beta Date Announced
- GBE Entertainment Limited has announced they will begin closed beta testing for their new MMORPG The Aurora World on March 7.
- Petroglyph Revives Victory Command as Battle Battalions
- Victory Command is returning with some major changes under a new name: Battle Battalions.