Fun in the Sun as the RuneScape Summer Getaway Touches Down
Jagex Games Studio – creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape – today launched new content which has turned the desolate Lumbridge Crater into a holiday retreat for players to relax in this summer.
Although previously the battlefield of two gods, the RuneScape community has been working to turn the Lumbridge Crater into a little piece of paradise, just in time for summer. There are number of summer-themed activities to get involved with, including: sandcastle building, rock pool fishing, beach grills and even a coconut shy. Each activity rewards players with skill-based XP as well as a number of summer emotes and cosmetic items.
Not all the locals are friendly though as every hour a giant beach boss monster, named ‘Clawdia’ by the players, turns up to kick sand in their collective faces. Defeating her quickly will provide players with the best loot including ice creams and cooling cocktails.
Finally, if you’ve missed out on festival tickets this year, then RuneScape has you covered. The development team will be making guest appearances on a stage that will magically appear in the area. Their arrival will also herald happy hours which will gift increased XP for all beach events and activities.
RuneScape’s summer festival will be live until 31st August.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R Comes to Steam
- For too long have PC users suffered, bereft of Guilty Gear's unique brand of insanity.
- Age of Wonders III Launch Review
- This game takes all of the best pieces of these titles and puts them into one magical computer game.
- Runescape 3 Launch Date Revealed
- Jagex is excited to announce that the highly anticipated launch of RuneScape 3 will take place on July 22nd.