Fires of Shadowforge Launches for Runes of Magic
Frogster has released the Chapter Five Fires of Shadowforge update for Runes of Magic today. In addition to a new playable race, several other features have been introduced.
Players may now select the dwarven race when creating a character. The dwarves have an involved starting area, complete with a challenging low level dungeon to conquer. Two new classes have also been released: Champion and Warlock. A quick swap option has also been introduced for the third class equipment.
The level cap has been raised to 72, with adjustments made to the leveling curve to help. 12 zodiac pets have also been released, that can be upgraded. New ones will be released monthly. The Varanas Nightmare zone has also been made into a PvE zone.
Details on the next chapter of the game have also been revealed. The level cap will increase to 77, more action bars will be made available, guild buildings and skins can be used, and three new battlegrounds will be released, along with a variety of other improvements.
Runes of Magic “Fires of Shadowforge” Gameplay Screenshot
FROGSTER IGNITES RUNES OF MAGIC WITH FIRES OF SHADOWFORGE‘Runes of Magic: Chapter V – Fires of Shadowforge’ Officially Starts Today
BERLIN, Germany – June 12, 2012 – It’s finally here: the Fires of Shadowforge have been lit! Frogster today opened the gates to the fifth chapter of its successful fantasy MMO, Runes of Magic. Fires of Shadowforge introduces a new race to the online role-playing game, the Shadowforge Dwarves. Two new classes have also entered the world of Taborea — the Champion and the Warlock — both exclusive to the Dwarven race.
In addition to the new races, a new continent, Kolydia, has also appeared on the map, offering players exciting regions and challenging dungeons. The latest version of the Runes of Magic client is available for free download on the official website, www.runesofmagic.com. Those who already have the client will receive the update automatically the next time they start the game.
An impressive cinematic trailer reveals the story of the long dormant Shadowforge Dwarves:
What’s New in Chapter V:
- Level cap raised to 72
- Two new zones with new dungeons
- New playable race: Shadowforge Dwarves
- Two new classes: Champion and Warlock
- Equipment swap button for the third class
- Adjustments to the Battlefields
- 12 Zodiac Pets (activated monthly, with upgrade leveling)
- Adjustment to the level curve
- Varanas Nightmare now a PvE zone
Planned Future Additions to Chapter V:
- Level cap of 77
- Additional action bars in the interface
- New guild buildings and skins
- World Bosses adjusted and connected to the crafting system
- New elite skills for all classes
- New dungeons
- New areas
- Three new battlegrounds
- Introduction of a guild instance
- Improvements to the profession system
For the latest info on the game, check out our official website: www.runesofmagic.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Plarium Partners To Bring Alien versus Predator to Soldiers, Inc.
- The partnership will lend the themes and experiences from AVP into Plarium’s hit Facebook game, Soldiers, Inc.
- S.K.I.L.L - Special Forces 2: Euro Series Tournament Starting in June
- The first Euro Series for the popular FPS S.K.I.L.L. – Special Force 2 will start in June. Awaiting the tournament’s victors will be prize...