Firefall: F2P MMO shooter now available
Red 5 Studios, Inc. announced today that Firefall, the open-world, massively multiplayer online (MMO) shooter, is officially available in North America, Europe, and Australia for the PC platform through Steam and Firefall.com.
“We designed Firefall to be our dream game, and now the team at Red 5 Studios is humbled and thrilled to see this dream become a reality with the launch of Firefall today,” said James Macauley, CEO of Red 5 Studios. “Firefall is built from the ground up to be a true AAA MMO experience which allows players to explore a post-apocalyptic Earth through a well-narrated campaign and engage various threats through action-packed, skill-based combat.”
In Firefall, players will wage war against an invading force known as the Chosen. Outfitted with customizable military-grade battleframes, players will be able to collect resources and equipment as well as craft their own upgraded arsenal of weapons and abilities. Players will also have the ability to switch battleframes and explore a different play-style at their leisure without having to create a brand new character every time.
In addition to the campaign missions, quests, and dynamic world events, players will also have the opportunity to challenge one another on a brand-new PvP continent. Known as the Broken Peninsula, players will be able to engage other players in an attempt to secure valuable resources and territory control.
Firefall is completely free-to-play, with opportunities to purchase cosmetic and convenience upgrades. Special Firefall Launch Packs are available for purchase, which include items ranging from an exclusive multiplayer vehicle to a digital soundtrack and a concept art-book.
For more info, visit www.firefall.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Paladins Announces New Battle Royale Gamemode And More
- At Hi-Rez Expo 2018, a new game mode for Paladins was announced: Battlegrounds, a Battle Royale mode.
- WildStar Set to Release in 2013
- Carbine Studios has announced that their upcoming sci-fi MMO, WildStar, is set to release some time in 2013.
- The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot: Defense Crafting Now Available
- Today, Ubisoft released a major update for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, bringing defense crafting to Opulencia in an effort to bring more v...