Firefall begins Battleframe Trailer Challenge
Red 5 Studios has announced a new contest for Firefall fans: The Battleframe Trailer Challenge.
The contest, which runs until March 16, challenges players to piece together raw gameplay footage and music (provided by the developer) into a trailer or commercial highlighting their favorite battleframe, similar to the Dreadnaught Introduction shown below. Upload these videos to YouTube, and Red 5 will judge submissions based in part by the likes and views of each submission.
The grand prize will be an all-expenses paid trip for two to PAX East 2012 plus $500 spending money. Other prizes include an Alienware M14x laptop and an ASTRO Gaming A40 Audio System (Firefall branded).
Firefall Dreadnaught Introduction:
RED 5 STUDIOS ANNOUNCES FIREFALL BATTLEFRAME TRAILER CHALLENGE
Chance to Win a Trip to PAX East 2012, an Alienware™ Laptop, or ASTRO A40 Audio System
Laguna Hills, CA – February 10, 2012 – Red 5 Studios™ announced today the launch of its Battleframe Trailer Challenge, a contest for creative gamers to show off their video-making ability, explore brand new Firefall footage, and compete for awesome prizes – including a trip to PAX East 2012. Red 5 is accepting entries now until March 16th, when the winners are announced. Contestants can submit their completed trailers via Youtube at the official contest page: http://bit.ly/firefallchallenge
“At Red 5 we’re very community-focused and this contest is a great way to get everyone involved in the game,” said Red 5 CEO, Mark Kern. “Since we’re always making action-packed Firefall trailers we thought it would be cool to see what our fans could come up with. Knowing them, they’ll put together some amazing videos that are more than worthy of the prizes we’re giving away.”
Participants will be given previously-unreleased raw gameplay footage along with a handful of music tracks. They’ll have until March 16th to craft a flashy trailer/commercial that highlights their favorite battleframe and submit the Youtube link for entry. Red 5 encourages contestants to enter and promote their trailers as early as possible, as the winners will be decided using a special Red 5 algorithm that incorporates the “likes” and “views” of each Youtube submission.
Red 5 has partnered up with cosponsors, Alienware™ and ASTRO Gaming, to ensure that the Battleframe Trailer Challenge offers gamers top-notch prizes. The first, second and third place entries will receive the following:
- · First Place: An all-expenses-paid* trip for two to PAX East 2012 in Boston, along with $500 spending money.
*Red 5 will cover up to $1,500 per round-trip ticket ($3,000 maximum).
- · Second Place: An Alienware M14x laptop containing an Intel Core™ i7 processor, 4GB DDR3 Memory, and GeForce 555M 3GB Graphics Card.
- · Third Place: An ASTRO Gaming A40 Audio System featuring a Firefall branded A40 Headset and MixAmp™ Pro.
Participants can visit http://bit.ly/firefallchallenge to download the official “asset package” and find additional contest details and rules.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wakfu Raiders’ New Holiday Update Is Live
- Fans of the mobile RPG Wakfu Raiders are in for a jolly treat this month.
- Over 9,000 Zombies! Now On Steam
- The zombie hit squad of indie developer Loren Lemcke and independent publishing studio Mastertronic have urged the public to beware - Over 900...
- Wild Terra's Test Server Open For All This Weekend
- This weekend, Wild Terra's test server will be open to the public.