Factions, Character Types and Classes revealed for Warside
Kraken Games, an independent development studio based in Moscow, have today unveiled detailed information on the in-game factions, character types and classes within Warside, a visceral multiplayer sci-fi shooter featuring classic 2D gameplay combined with RPG elements, which is set to make a crater sized impact on the indie gaming map this year. Currently acquiring fans on Steam Greenlight, Warside is set to release on PC in 2014.
Set against a futuristic backdrop of three powerful rival factions attempting to dominate the galaxy, each with their own backgrounds and political ideologies, players choose their allegiance to one of the factions which will determine their starting planet within the game along with the equipment available to their character.
Once the faction has been determined in Warside players can then select one of four character types and from there one of five classes, with classes possessing their own preferred weapon types and gadgets. These choices of faction, character and class ensure a high level of customization is available to the player from the outset making their character feel distinct and unique to them on the battlefield.
· Galactic Commune: a communistic faction consisting mainly of industrial planets separated from the Empire after the revolution. Typically they fight for freedom and equality
· New Empire: the remnants of the old aristocratic families gathered by a young charismatic leader claiming to be the heir to the last Emperor. They fight to restore the Empire to its former glory
· Corporation Zetta: a company that evolved in to a giant conglomerate and become the dominant corporation in the galaxy. They fight for profit
THE CHARACTER TYPES
· Faceless: high starting Speed, low starting Attack. Double-jump ability and can hang on walls
· Guardian: High starting Armour, low starting Speed. Antigrav that allows him to float above the battlefield for a limited time
· Huntress: High starting Attack, low starting Armour. Dash ability allowing her to cover significant distances very quickly
· Mercenary: Balanced starting stats. Has a Jetpack. The most balanced and intuitive of the classes
· Defender: Tank class. High armour and defence. Preferred weapons: machine gun, handgun. Gadgets: stationary shield, extended shield
· Assault: Main damage class. High attack capabilities. Preferred weapons: assault rifles, melee. Gadgets: rocket, stationary turret
· Infiltrator: Damage class with some control abilities. Preferred weapons: sniper rifle, shotgun. Gadgets: poison dart, stunning trap
· Destroyer: Damage class focusing on area damage. Preferred weapons: rocket launcher, flamethrower. Gadgets: grenade, mine
· Medic: Healer class, specializing in keep teammates alive. Preferred weapons: charger, sub-machine gun. Gadgets: charging grenade, charging station
For more information on Warside and to get behind the future of tactical multiplayer squad shooters, head to Steam Greenlight at: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242674873
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aion Celebrates Four Years with a Month of Festivities
- NCSOFT, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), kicks off a month-long celebration commemo...
- Wargaming Announces 15-Year Anniversary World of Tanks Tournaments
- Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today announced a special World of Tanks tournament in celebration of the com...
- The Worst in Online Gaming of 2017
- Today, I'm going to talk about the worst decisions/choices made in online gaming in the Year of Our Lord 2017.