Dungeons and Dragons Online launches Update 13
The Web of Chaos, Dungeons and Dragons Online’s 13th update, has gone live today.
The update introduces three new free quests: The Lords of Dust, Servants of the Overlord, and The Spinner of Shadows. Players can now also start at level 7 in Veteran Status, and two new items – Omnispell Dust and Omnispell Stone – make it easier for casters to save inventory space and manage material components. New items have also been released in the store, including Elemental Touch weapons, the Necklace of Protection, and the Cloak of Resistance.
The content leads into the new expansion for DDO, Menace of the Underdark, which has been announced as having a launch date of June 25. Preorders of the expansion are now being accepted at the game’s official website.
Dungeons and Dragons Online is published by Turbine, which also publishes The Lord of the Rings Online.
Dungeons & Dragons Online Gameplay Screenshot
Dungeons & Dragons Online – Update 13: Web of Chaos
Serving as the prequel to DDO’s upcoming expansion, Menace of the Underdark, Update 13: Web of Chaos brings:
3 New Free Quests
- The Lords of Dust: The Silver Flame must now contend with an uprising cult! Controlled by the Rakshasas, the cult of the Lords of Dust have one priority – free the ancient demons trapped in Khyber.
- Servants of the Overlord: Venture deep down into Khyber and fight resistance as you attempt to thwart the Rakshasas from freeing the imprisoned “Spinner of Shadows”!
- The Spinner of Shadows: Engage in an ambitious battle as you fight to hold off the release of the Spinner of Shadows! Though beware of thinking your task is over, for a menacing journey awaits.
Veteran Status (7)
- · Now start your new character at level 7 and gain a head start! Earn through favor or purchase in the DDO Store.
- · Use the Omnispell Dust and Omnispell Stone in place of the material component of any magic spell. Free up inventory space!
New to the DDO Store
- Cloak of Resistance – Aid yourself in the defense of magic attacks and traps
- Necklace of Protection – Increase your armor class by 1
- +1 Elemental Touch Weapons – A full suite of level 1 weapons are now available
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of Might and Magic Online Review
- The game may look simple, but the turn-based battles, pvp system, and city management aspects help it stand out as a truly unique game.